What's new

Paper Mario - Freeze Issue

Dawnveil

OK. I'm using pj64 1.6 and have used all various options, and various plugins for graphics. When I am at the Ice Palace (or ice area) I level from 19 to 20, and after that it freezes completely on me. The game shows it's still running, but nothing continues to happen, either in audio or video to show that it continues on. I have moved out of the ice palace to level, made it as far as2 screens out of the town there, and every time, it still freezes when I level. Since it freezes at the same point with multiple plugins. I've tried different party members to the same effect. My game was checked and verified as correct. Again, it only happens at this point, never before in this respect has it happened.
Thank you for your help,
Dawnveil

EDIT:
OS: Windows XP Pro SP2 CPU: AMD Athalon 64 2800+ Video: Geforce FX 5950 Ultra 256MB Sound: Soundblaster Audigy 2 Memory: 1GB (2x512) DDR400 Other: Filled in properly as I wish to gain help.

Last edited:
OP
D

Dawnveil

Just finish out the battle (easiest to use bombette's best technique at full power) and then the game will freeze before the cards drop to select the level up, and while the flower and heart are still on the screen for the level up refresh.

-Dawnveil

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
Yes, it freezes here with your save. Strange. I had passed this level without problems when I played this game. May be you have used some cheats? Anyway, try to do standard save and load Paper Mario.fla with another emulator (you will probably have to rename it properly).

Smiff

Emutalk Member
making a native save and loading from that in the same emulator would probably work.

OP
D

Dawnveil

k, I found the problem. I did have some cheats on (ones that came with pj64), specifically the badge points one is the issue. I had to make another "cheat" that dropped my badge points back to a "reasonable" level. That fixed the entire thing. I apologize for being such a dufus. :doh: . So it's fixed, and my fault. Just puzzled me greatly. I'm sorry for the confusion. And I thank you for the help. I guess this would just be a "warning, when using the badge points cheat, revert it back somehow when you level up" though I could have sworn I levelled up fine before that. Again thank you for your help, and I apologize for being stupid in this manner.

Thanks again,
Dawnveil

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Dawnveil said:
k, I found the problem. I did have some cheats on (ones that came with pj64), specifically the badge points one is the issue. I had to make another "cheat" that dropped my badge points back to a "reasonable" level. That fixed the entire thing. I apologize for being such a dufus. :doh: . So it's fixed, and my fault. Just puzzled me greatly. I'm sorry for the confusion. And I thank you for the help. I guess this would just be a "warning, when using the badge points cheat, revert it back somehow when you level up" though I could have sworn I levelled up fine before that. Again thank you for your help, and I apologize for being stupid in this manner.

Thanks again,
Dawnveil

What Region are we talking about here?

Also posting this problem and the effects and what Region on the pj64 Cheats Board wouldnt go a miss either otherwise things like this wont be fixed.

Thanks

Last edited: