What's new

Zelda : OOT and Black Textures?

Pinworm45

Title basically says my problem. I'm getting alot of black textures in Zelda, the Ocarina of Time.

My System specs, to the best of my knowledge, are as follows:
GeForce MX 440.
AMD Athlong 2800+ Processor
Windows XP

So far, I've tried updating my drivers. That didn't work. I've tried different video plug-ins, that didn't work either.

A screenshot I took can be viewed here : http://www.knd.org.uk/images/4d30b4050b44bcbdfdeaeaee47a13516.jpg.

As you can see.. well.. you can't see.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: Added more information/Made things clearer

Last edited:

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
Pinworm45 said:
...My System specs, to the best of my knowledge, are as follows:
GeForce MX 440.
AMD Athlong 2800+ Processor
Windows XP...
OK, i'm gonna write mi first message here:

We are using the same video card but nowadays I don't have that trouble. In fact, this one hapend only when I use the Jabo's D3D-8 (v1.6) plug-in. Why don't you try with the Rice Plug-in? I've experiment and found the best result in DirectX mode and "Limited 3 stage combiner".

_|_ (( SALUDOS!! ))
^^ __|/
\_/

P.D.: Yes, that's right. I'm a Spanish speaker …sorry my bad English.

jessman(reborn)

EmuTalk's Own L'istigatore
I've realized from experience that updating your GeForce drivers won't fix ANYTHING. I actually had to go back to my old drivers because of graphical issues in OOT. It worked for me, that's all I can say.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Indeed. New drivers are known to cause troubles or not to fix anything for older geforce cards. Sticking with older drivers sometimes helps more than getting the newest.

Tjalian

Use the Omega drivers if you've got a Geforce 440...those drivers + rice's latest plugin = 99.999% perfect emulation :)

The only thing that doesn't work for me are the flames on torches, and some other lights. Bar that it all runs smooth as a gem. Oh, and the Hi-Res Texture packs from Federelli and K-Man will also run smooth as a nut with those specs :)