June 21st, 2005, 12:43
thats a WIP plugin, not a texture pack

azerty00957
June 21st, 2005, 12:55
I dont understind wath is WIP?

one plugin ?

Trotterwatch
June 21st, 2005, 13:02
Work In Progress. Not released yet as work is still ongoing on it.

I_love_Link
June 21st, 2005, 16:34
Damn that looks good. Needs a texture pack though.

Harvest Sun O_O
June 22nd, 2005, 02:07
Some GREAT work there from Orkin...is the plugin finished yet? Also, will it be able to affect textures?

Tillmann
June 22nd, 2005, 02:34
Some GREAT work there from Orkin...is the plugin finished yet? Also, will it be able to affect textures?
Orkin said that he can generate the same file-name (same as rice plugin) for the textures (he can dump them) but no news about loading.... :P

Harvest Sun O_O
June 22nd, 2005, 04:07
Ah, thanks.

I can't wait until this is finished - a huge step forward.

Orkin
June 22nd, 2005, 06:29
It loads most textures now, but only the "_all.png" and "_ciByRGBA.png" ones. No support for BMPs or _rgb and _a textures yet. Once I get the texture loading finished and fix up a few bugs I'll go ahead and release it. I was hoping to get more done before next release, but I know alot of people are anxious to try out cel-shading, per-pixel lighting, and polygon smoothing on there favorite N64 games. The polygon smoothing still needs *alot* of work to really be usable, but I'll go ahead and include it as a novelty feature for now.

I'd probably already have it completed by now, except I recently got a new, full-time, career-type job (yay me!), and have just been busy in general with "Real Life" stuff...

Toast Siege
June 22nd, 2005, 06:53
So are you saying you intend to finish implementing the external texture loading before you release the this next version? Or will it be unfinished, so you can get cel-shading et al. out the door first?

Also, there really isn't any reason for this thread, is there? (Other than, "the old one died")

minkster
June 22nd, 2005, 15:55
Congrats on your full-time career job Orkin :) I do have one question though...are these new features only available on DirectX64, or will they also be available on GLN64? Thanks for making these features possible, I really admire your work.

Noxious Ninja
June 22nd, 2005, 21:44
With this plugin plus an appropriate texture pack, we will get... Mario XIII! w00t!

Seriously, though, is glN64 dead now, or not? You've never given a definate answer.

falkar
June 23rd, 2005, 22:50
MarioXIII???? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Harvest Sun O_O
June 26th, 2005, 01:35
With this plugin plus an appropriate texture pack, we will get... Mario XIII! w00t!

Seriously, though, is glN64 dead now, or not? You've never given a definate answer.

He answered above, I thought. :huh: