What's new

Super Robot Wars 64

Lei

Is the game known for having issues with Project 64? Despite having somewhere inbetween the minimum and the recommended settings for using P64 (I don't know my exact specs offhand.), the game never works right; it usually suffers from an absolutely atrocious frame rate (usually under 10) as soon as I start a stage, occasionally peaking up into somewhere near normal speeds. The graphics and sound display fine..except on the map; if I scroll it, the unit icons have a tendency to spread out across the screen on whatever row or column they're on. It's not a particularly big problem, compared to the frame rate, but in a turn-based strategy game, it can make finding your characters and enemies somewhat problematic.

tfr

use rice's video plugin, it plays perfectly with minimum graphic glitch. remember to use sync audio or music will be too fast. set cpu core style to interpreter in order to save. i just finished the whole game without any problems.

you have to enable normal combiner in video plugin, or the intro will be too dark to see anything.

Last edited:

Orotawuk

Thanks, tfr! It works! Seems like its the only way to fix the save problem and the dark title screen. But do you encounter the problem that an additional pic of the attacking robot always appears before the actual battle scene? Is it the only unsolved graphic problem in the emulation?