What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Conker's Bad Fur Day Retexturing

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
My friend play everytime to Conker's bad fur day and i see nobody Retexture it!

So Here's my little first work.
I would like to say that conker is a big game i don't continue this retexturing alone because i work hardly to "Cel"da project

Mireneye

Looks creepy Djipi "That rhymes some btw" I like the feel of the new textures. Very true to the original.

Keep it up man.

Toast Siege

EmuTalk Memberr
Djipi said:
My friend play everytime to Conker's bad fur day and i see nobody Retexture it!

So Here's my little first work.
I would like to say that conker is a big game i don't continue this retexturing alone because i work hardly to "Cel"da project
Djipi,
You're definitely right in realizing that one person will never finish retexturing this game - it uses the largest N64 cartridge, after all, and almost every texture used on the characters (and most of the environment) is broken up into little squares that make things comparitively impossible next to other N64 games. Anyway, I was looking over this game and noticed the font looked probably the most hideous of all the over-stretched textures still in the game... so I retextured it. (Woohoo, no lower case font)
I've attached it here, and it includes a few things other than the main font as well. (no foreign characters, sorry. if you want me to do them, post the textures here)
Also note that I haven't finished all of the numbers, partly because I couldn't find all of them, so none of those are in here. I hope this helps.
(I AM NOT COMMITTING TO ANYTHING. EXCEPT MAYBE THE NUMBERS)

Toast Siege

EmuTalk Memberr
Hah, it looks like you're moving away from the original "muddy" look of the graphics, which, in this case, is probably a good thing...

Kiggles

Toast Siege said:
Hah, it looks like you're moving away from the original "muddy" look of the graphics, which, in this case, is probably a good thing...
I am not sure if I agree, or not. Part of the look, I am sure, comes from the low quality textures of the original, but I believe some of it was deliberate. Something about the texture work reminded me of Brer Rabbit, or at least those old children's books with water color illustrations. Getting too much detail or contrast within the textures may destroy some of this atmosphere, that you were playing through a bed time story gone horribly horrible awry.

Deffinitely looks much better, Djipi, but I strongly encourage you to re-evaluate the textures in-game before really commiting to this project. This is simply my opinion, of course, but I do believe Conker had some half decent art, inspite of the low quality textures. :) For starters, the dirt around the scarecrow probably shouldn't have a grain. If memory serves, that place was actually rather mucky, as Conker caused little mud splats to squirt about.

A neat project, esspecially with the Xbox remaking show up soon. Maybe best to hold off until that is released, and we can all get a bit of inspiration for new textures? :)

All the same, great job Djipi. The first scene you posted looks great. Can't say it's faithful to the original, but great job, all the same!

mongo51983

Zelda Maniac!!!
Actually if someone knows how to rip Xbox game textures, wait until the new Conker comes out and then convert the textures from that game and use them on this one and it will look oh so sweet.

Propa McGanda

I'm too groovy to Post
It's about time someone worked on Conker's Bad Fur Day. Hehe, I wish ya good luck, and I hope you get pretty far on it.

mongo51983

Zelda Maniac!!!
What's illegal? Ripping textures from an Xbox game? Someone is doing it for No Mercy using Wrestlemania 21 textures.