What's new

Binhack And 16-bits

Miretank

Lurking
Well, i'm with a non-bootable MDK 2 and i'm trying to make it bootable, but it's giving me such a trouble. i downloaded the fastboot and tried to make a new image. this was what i did:
--made an image form from MDK 2
--placed the image in Data folder
--i did not need to place 1stread and IP.bin in the Data folder, they already were there, but to follow the instructions, i've copied and overwrited the 1stread and IP.bin from root directory and placed in Data Folder.
--ran Binhack and.... "16-bits subsystem", is that right? well, it doesn't work at all, saying that i cannot proceed. is it because my windows is 32-bit? oh hell, this 16-bits subsystem always disturb me when i'm about to run good things :p But I'd like to ask if anyone know how to solve my problem. :blush: is there any other program to self-boot games in win32? or any tool that i could use to pass this 16-bit warning?

thanx mates and sorry if I revived a dead forum, i did not find an answer for me :blush: :happy:

Whirlinurd

A fresh Windows XP any version will always run a 16-bit program like binhack without any problems. Did you made some changes to your registry or used any external tweaking program to improve your computer performance? Some tweaks that are used to improve 32-bit performance are gained by disabling 16-bit functionality and in most cases this is why it will not work.

All packages that are available to selfboot all use the same set of files like binhack, ipins and so on. These will all fail if 16-bit subsystem is not working properly.

Last edited:
OP
Miretank

Miretank

Lurking
that's strange, and all the applications that uses 16-bit doesn't run. when I bought this pc, it already came with the "fail" in 16-bit subsys. my comrade's pc also don't run 16-bits then I thought it was normal...
do u know something i can do to restore the 16-bit subsys then?

OP
Miretank

Miretank

Lurking
at least i found the way to repair the 16-bits problem. (in c:\windows\repair , copy autoexec.nt and place it in the system 32 folder. then click right button>properties> only reader [did i say correct?] ). but i made those steps again but my .iso still don't boot. what can i do?