What's new

Report input plugin problem here

Rice

Emulator Developer
Post your input plugin problem here, let me see them together

Many people have seen the input plugins problem, that 1964 will crash when you press a key on keyboard.

I have seen this problem before myself, it is really not a bug but Windows OS or DirectX related.

When I saw it, 1964 binary that was built under Win2K will crash under Win98SE. If I build the same source code again under Win98SE and run under Win98SE, no problem at all.

I believe this problem is very much a DirectX/Windows/DLL incompatible poblem.

If you have seen it, please report it here.

Please Tell:

* Which input plugin
* which Windows
* what is your DirectX version

I would like to see this problem together here, so to do something about it.

Last edited:

Tesla-Guy

Input Plugin: N64 Virtual Pad
Windows: 98 - blah
DX: 8.0(4.08.00.400)

Conker's Bad Fur Day crashes on intro. Didn't encounter this before i installed and uninstalled XP. :(

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Mark this thread sticky because I see someone still have this problem.

If you have the problem, report it here.

faizulin

Crash when touching any key...

The emulation begins correctly, but, when I touch any key (any key of the keyboard), I have a Windows crash. I've tried many input plugins, and all the same... help, please!!

Win98
Voodoo3
Jabo D3D Dx6 plugin
Azimer 3.0 and old
PIII 600 Mhz
192 Mb RAM

faizulin

opps..this must be more serious than I thought...

The emulators crashes with any video plugin, any input plugin and any sound plugin.....

I think I'll wait for the next version of PJ64...

N-FrEaK

Picture or other

dummy question ???

How to get a pic under my user-name or how to make it...
thx
:pissed: :plain:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
nfreak, click on "user cp" change settings in there. im too lazy to do mine, but its there.

Oh, some games say they cannot detect controller, im using nrage's plugin.???

tobasoft

no controller detected

all games say no controller detected, I am using a usb gravis gamepad pro, it worked fine before, now it wont work, i am also using nrages directx 8 plugin (although Ive tested jabos as well and it wont work either.)

Tobas.

schibo

Emulator Developer
This is a problem with some dependency file in Windows98. Make sure you've downloaded the latest service pack for 98.

Dozer

re:

Well. thing is, I already have the latest drivers:( Aargh! kills me to see a game load fine, and then get killed off every time I hit a key. I really wanted to try this emulator out:(

FrstOne

About the problem of windows crash when touching any key, it's a problem of display drivers, I solved this using the default detonator drivers of WinME (but they are really old and unfunctional). 1974 0.7.0 don't have this problem.

About the problem of no controller detected, you can try to uncheck "raw data" on nrage's plugin.

N-FrEaK

THx to pj64er

THX to :pj64: -er [pj64er]

your post do not really help me, but after check the options I find
it...

ceedj

Pencil Neck Geek
Input Crash

Just add my name to the list of those having problems with crashing the program when touching a key. Specs, you ask? Ok...

Win 98SE (latest packs installed)
ATI Rage 128 Pro (latest drivers as of 10/12/01 - tried the old ones too, but got the same problem)
1.2 Gig Athlon
384 MB RAM
20GB/40GB Maxtor HD's
SB Live Value (you'd think I'd get around to getting a new one)
Gravis Game Pad Pro
EDIT: I'm using Jabos d3d v1.3, Azilmer's old driver, and N-Rage's DI 8 1.60

Speaking of the Game Pad, if the emulator 'crashes' out, my gamepad stops responding, leaving me to reboot (this happens in 7.0 and 7.0.1). Anyone else have this problem?

Would anyone writing this emu consider a special build for win 9x users? I read in a post that the code works fine in Win 2K if compiled in Win 2K, and the same code 98/runs good for Win 98. Just wondering...

Oh, before I forget, EXCELLENT job with this EMU. Keep up the fantastic work.

Regards,
Ceedj
www.bobobwrestling.com
www.cj-ambrosia.com
"My Name is Austin the Oyster. What?"

Last edited:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Re: THx to pj64er

N-FrEaK said:
THX to :pj64: -er [pj64er]

your post do not really help me, but after check the options I find
it...

ur welcome, nfreak (i guess...)

i wuz a newbie once too, actually i still am....

whats happening?!?
im lost!?!

j/k
;) :D

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
back to the topic,

Some games say they cannot detect the controllers, but i can still play using my gamepads. Not a problem for me, but weird...

:1964:

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Nrage need to take a look of this Non-Controller problem, his plugin seems malfunction if setting to use RAW DATA, it does not reply correctly to GET STATUS pif commands.