What's new

Banjo Tooie on Nemu !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemmy

there is a copy protection chip. lac managed to write a simulator for it.

That is one of the hardest parts of the n64 to emulate if not the hardest so I am glad to have lac as a partner.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Lemmy, im going to quote ur answer for the 1964 forum(everyone is basically completely clueless to how u guys did it).

:nemu:

lightknight

what is a simulator? lemmy and how did lac write it? into nemu 0.8 i mean..and where

rom ? for the chip..and what does a simulator do, in emulatore?? and how does it work in emulatore???

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Re: what is a simulator? lemmy and how did lac write it? into nemu 0.8 i mean..and where

lightknight said:
rom ? for the chip..and what does a simulator do, in emulatore?? and how does it work in emulatore???

Well, It's the same as emulation. It tries to act like the Real N64 as best as it can.

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
i believe a simulator is part of an emulator. the way i would describe it is that a bunch of simulators make up an emulator. when we start talking about the expansion pack "eumlated" i would really say that it is simulated because it is a part of a whole. there are many "simulators" that stand on their own. for example, the Speak and Spell simultor and the game and watch simulators. these are called simulators not emulators becasue the simulate the entire function of a speak and spell or the game and watch. they stand on their own and arent just a box that makes something else work like the N64.

if any of that makes sense then you're well on your way to the NGC emulator and if not someone will correct me soon.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Tri-Force said:
i believe a simulator is part of an emulator. the way i would describe it is that a bunch of simulators make up an emulator. when we start talking about the expansion pack "eumlated" i would really say that it is simulated because it is a part of a whole. there are many "simulators" that stand on their own. for example, the Speak and Spell simultor and the game and watch simulators. these are called simulators not emulators becasue the simulate the entire function of a speak and spell or the game and watch. they stand on their own and arent just a box that makes something else work like the N64.

Exactly Right. Expansion Pack, The Rom Detects the Expansion Pack because the Authors write that in the emu, as a simulator. So When the Rom requests for an Expation pack, The Emulator tells the rom its there. & the game works with is as if it was the Real N64 Native Hardware. So this would make the Expansion Pack, Emulated. :)

Renegade

Wearer of Army Boots
is the emuBook by zilmar still around?
if it is, lightknight had better take a gooooooood long look at it, and if he says "Dur?" then he's gotta go into a few C++ courses to get somewhere.

If anyone wanted to make a GCN emu he would have to have at least 3 yrs of C++ programming experience.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
as my eloquent friend explains, a simulator is different than an emulator (and a stimulator is something different again).

lightknight

ok i get now!

easy! i should have it done in 2002 or in 2005! i have read the emubook the 1st time it came out..by the way i got bajo-tooie going!!!! in suprahle sdk 1.1.1!! with a few patchs and

hotshitu

Banned
Re: ok i get now!

lightknight said:
easy! by the way i got bajo-tooie going!!!! in suprahle sdk 1.1.1!! with a few patchs and

Wot? you managed to get smiff's stimulator to work? nice job.

lightknight

but so far it's gots there's sound! and i am working on a mp3 to wave

converter plugin! so far theres only the intro. sound!! i am working on the gfx!!to they need alot of work!!!!

Quvack

Re: ok i get now!

lightknight said:
easy! i should have it done in 2002 or in 2005! i have read the emubook the 1st time it came out..by the way i got bajo-tooie going!!!! in suprahle sdk 1.1.1!! with a few patchs and

Bullshit.

flow``

flow``
and i am working on a mp3 to wave converter plugin

wtf?

and about suprahle.. didn't somone post the opcodes found and it was like 9/36 or something? i.e. NOT GOING TO WORK

Status
Not open for further replies.