What's new

Am I nuts or...(Perfect Dark-related)

jojoloner

Does the European version of Perfect Dark appear to be in a higher resolution than the US one? I am using the US one because the camspy is fixed in it, but I could've sworn that the Euro version has higher resolution textures...any word on this? If so, is there any way to get these higher resolutions in the US version? I am enabling hi-res textures in the in-game menu and I also run the game at a high resolution through the PJ64 menu, but it still looks crisper on the Euro version....just wanted to be sure I'm not crazy. :crazy:

Thanks!

Smiff

Emutalk Member
can you post shots of that please

edit: edit your msg and go to advanced mode, manage attachments.

Last edited:
OP
J

jojoloner

Sure thing

EURO:

US:

Notice the difference in the scale of the ammunition readings on the left.

Both games look good, but I could've sworn that the Euro version was running in higher resolutions...now when I play it, it appears that both are the same except for the menus which are different sizes and the ammo counter on the left. Weird.

How do I post screenshots?

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
well, PAL *does* have a higher resolution than NTSC, so that's probably correct if they adjusted for it.
are you just talking about HUD icons, or textures in the 3d world?

OP
J

jojoloner

Thanks for the quick reply Smiff,

I thought initially it was everything: textures, people, menus. But now when I play them using identical settings, the only difference appears to be the menus. I started out on the Euro one and when I made the switch to the US one in order to fix the camspy, it seemed to not look as crisp. The PAL issue could be the culprit....either way, it's Perfect Dark on a pc, can't complain

Also Smiff, you may know this one...what is the exact Rice Plugin that resolves (or improves) the sky issue in both Perfect Dark and Goldeneye? Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited: