What's new

What happened to Corn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHR1S

What happened to Corn? This is my favorite emulator, I've been wondering when there's going to be another release. On their site it said Contra would be back in June of 2000 to work on it. Man, I hope this project isn't scrapped.

Slougi

Well since nothing has been heard from the author in 1½ years, Corn is believed to be "scrapped". Sorry to disappoint you :(

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
I heard it was discontinued by ContraSF (because of the leaked 0.30 version) so I guess we won't see any updates on Corn anymore. :cry:

Renegade

Wearer of Army Boots
I can summarize all of what you guys have told him in two words.

Corn withered.

(no, that's not it) ???

Guy

is there an other ini file to let us play more games??

hey all i am new here , i was wondering if there was an other ini file to let me play more games on the CORN emulator , i find that CORN is the fastes to play some games but it as alot of games that dont work , i made copies of my N64 Games i have at home and made roms out of them to put on my PC , but i cant find a good ( fast ) enought emulator to run them , i have (( conker b.f.d , Pokemon Snap , Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 , Mario PArty 2 , Quake ,Super Smash Bros ,Clay Fighter 63 1/3 , Zelda , Turok 2 , Golden eye , the wold is not enought , BAnjo Kazooie , Perfect dark , Chameleon twist , Star wars Racer )) . i have a (( HP 8560c )) celeron 500 mgz , 127 mb ram , intel 810 3d video card , 14 gig hd .

crhylove

Banned
man i wish i knew contrasf personally.

i bet i could talk him into continuing work.

i think that the death of corn is one of the great tragedies in modern hacking, and modern proletariat power.

but then again, it's his baby, right?

corn IS the fastest emu, hands down, and had the potential to be faster. why dominator doesn't work on this instead of uhle is beyond me. i mean, he's doing some assembly hacks already, isn't he?

:devil:

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Guy said:

What program do i use to open your file (( attachment.php )) ?

Heh, You must Have Active Scripting On ;) Make Sure you dont use a download manager. most dont work well with Cgi Scripts...

eat_sleep_play

That was a good idea to hack Corn. I think if alot of people signed a good petition and send it to dominator, then he would probably start that project. Let's face it, UltraHLE was a good emulator, but it wasnt fast. When SupraHLE came out, web sites stressed that it was faster, but it wasnt that fast, maybe 10% but that dont help much. If corn was hacked and was able to play a couple of new games, i bet pj64, 1964 wouldnt stand a chance. I mean, just look at the speed on corn when your playing mario64. It's just as fast the real thing. If only Corn was able to emulate Golden Eye, Perfect Dark and such. Atleast hit a compatibility number to 60 then it would blow the competition. I run corn 3.0 on my AMD k6-2 300 with 128 mb pc100 sdram, voodoo3 2000 and it works fantastic. I tried running SupraHLE, man its slow. Tried pj64 with the so called glide64 plugin , even slower and the fact that it was a glide plugin was supposed to increase the speed. Heck, Glide was supposed to be the fastest API on voodoo's. So the point is, Corn is a fast and great emulator, even though its discontinued, it can be hacked and improved. If we can all sign a petition to hack corn, and give it to dominator, i'm sure he will start that project. so why not we all give it a try, theres nothing to loose except a few minutes in signing it. :)

eat_sleep_play said:
I run corn 3.0 on my AMD k6-2 300 with 128 mb pc100 sdram, voodoo3 2000 and it works fantastic. I tried running SupraHLE, man its slow. Tried pj64 with the so called glide64 plugin , even slower and the fact that it was a glide plugin was supposed to increase the speed.
Your computer is too slow for suprahle or pj64, corn works well on slower machines such as yours.

Blade556

i wouldn't mind corn to be reborn, and im sure that most of you here wouldn't either. ill sign the petition, or whatever, no problem

ex_megalink2000

I hope this helps: I do agree, Corn is super fast. But I mean fast, it runs Super Mario 64 perfect, (Speed that is), on my Celeron MMX 433 Mhz, 64 RAM, Inte 810, and WinME. I really don't know why, such excellent emulador has to be discontinue. If somebody else, can take the challenge, please do!! I do, beleave with some work on it, and some extra features. New games can be addes, and perphaps, it can hack to be faster, than it already is. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.