What's new

Beta Quest Not Working

DarkAssassin23

I'm trying to load the beta quest in OoT, but it doesnt seem to be working. It says to activate the code on startup, but it is still not working. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Also, is there a good website where I can read about things to find in beta quest? Thanks

Cybertronic

you must activate the code before the Nintendo Logo finnishes!! If it shows link on the horse riding, its too late to use the code. Activating the code and resetting the game will turn off the code as well

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
BQ is nearly useless to finding anything in OoT these days.. *cough* ;) Everything I've found has been outside BQ.

Dreamaker

I had that problem too... tick the option remember selected cheats. Withouth the game running, select the Beta cheat. Now run the game. If you still having problem try to use version 1.6.

I think in: http://www.legendofzelda.com/ people speaks about it's possible to get the triforce... [???]

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
It's not possible. The triforce was never put in the game. Those are just stupid rumours people like to spread.

Tjalian

Beta Quest is just an Object Set Modifier, which is basically moidifications of the same area(like different layout, exits, clouds, and what not eg, the ganon cutscene, adult link, young link, and the opening FMA are all different object sets of Hyrule Field :)).

But by the time we found it was actually that, everybody got comfortable with calling it Beta Quest. There's next to no real beta in Beta Quest :p

A few unsued object sets here and there (kokiri forest and jabu-jabu to name 2 off of the top of my head), but nothing major. Its all eye candy, really.

You need to do more then just use Beta Quest alone to find something useful ;)

The_Z

"The_A"
Hm.. which one is the unused one in Kokiri Forest. I've checked all Kokiri with all the Object set values that work and I couldn't find anything actually beta in it. Then again... There was a one where the screen just scrolled to the left when the cutscene was activated.. Is that it?
By the way, another thing that's beta is the ice structure in the Ice Cavern is beta (or more like unused because it's in Master Quest).

Tjalian

I could of sworn there was one where there's a certain rock/grass layout (no, not the ending ;)), but meh, maybe its just me :p

The_Z

"The_A"
When you have time again, go back to the cutscene and activate the cutscene and tell me what happens. :)