What's new

Audio Problem

Newbie94

For all the ROMs I run on Project64, the sound is messed up. It crackles and is constantly stopping and starting. I've tried both the drivers in the Audio configuration but it makes no difference. Can anyone help me?

OP
N

Newbie94

Thanx for replying. No, that's not working either. It's not my sound card either because I've never had this problem with anything before.

Clements

Are you maintaining constant 60 fps in games? The audio will only hold up if this is the case. I've never had this problem with Onboard or Audigy 2.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
there seems to be a problem with some systems, or jabo's plugin on some systems.. i don't know what it is.. perhaps some background activity or program using the sound card? try reinstalling sound card drivers/directx? try adjusting hardware sound acceleration level (run dxdiag.exe).

edit: i made the mistake of assuming you'd read the manual.

Last edited:
OP
N

Newbie94

No, that must be the problem, it seems to be averaging at 30-40. What does this mean, my comp is too slow? Would it run better on full screen?
Also, I have a Microsoft Sidewinder control pad that I havent used in years, can this be used for Project64?

Clements

Newbie94 said:
No, that must be the problem, it seems to be averaging at 30-40. What does this mean, my comp is too slow? Would it run better on full screen?

There's your problem. The cause of the low frame rate is mostly likely that one or more components of your system does not meet PJ64's recommended requirements. Fullscreen probably wouldn't help too much but you could try it. You may wish to use 1964, it works much better if your machine is indeed slow.

Newbie94 said:
Also, I have a Microsoft Sidewinder control pad that I havent used in years, can this be used for Project64?

It should work fine, mine does. The old game port pads don't work brilliantly on XP in my experience but that's about it.