What's new

F-Zero crash

Tiger1

after I have won all three courses (jack,queen and king) the game crashes with following error message. Is this a known bug?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
which region?
are you using any cheats?
please attach a state taken before this point, preferably just after winnig the last race so we don't have to play any.
edit: also could you please give us a native save as close as possible to this.

Last edited:
OP
T

Tiger1

I used no cheats, the game is called F-Zero X (E). Hope this is the file you need. First everything is normal, and after you want to start a new race it crashes.

Last edited:

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
You get no error if you change the Rom Settings Self-modifying code Method on either Check Memory Advance or Protect Memory. What one is the best in the long run i will leave upto smiff to decide. but that should get you moving on with the game anyway.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
that's perfect thanks, also should be straightforward fix for next beta rdb. this is a very good error report, it looks like no one tested this game properly beforr..

edit: if you want to be even more helpful, could you play as much of the game as possible from the start on Check Memory Advance and let us know what happens please? this is a situation where we don't have time to work out the best settings ourselves :/

Last edited:

gandalf

Member ready to help
i have F-Zero X (E) version and it never crashed.
i used it with Jabo´s D3D8 1.6 and with Direct64.
Maybe, he needs an reinstall of the emulator

OP
T

Tiger1

I tried what Gent suggested and it crashes

Gent said:
You get no error if you change the Rom Settings Self-modifying code Method on either Check Memory Advance or Protect Memory. What one is the best in the long run i will leave upto smiff to decide. but that should get you moving on with the game anyway.

If you don't beliefe Gandalf download my safe and try yourself if the game crashes

I played it now in 1964 and it works (just for reference).

Can't the error message help to locate the problem?

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Tiger1, yes we know (almost certainly) what the problem is.
please download the beta RDB from my sticky thread and use that, let me know if it fixes your problem.

OP
T

Tiger1

the problem seems to be fixed. I don't know sure if it was me, because I fixed it before with the cheat unlock everything or if it is fixed from the database.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
All you had to do was change what i said to change. Thats all you needed to do. if you wasn't sure how to change those settings you could have just !: ask us how to get there (although i already told you how to) or check in the manual via Help\User Manual. Anyway Check Memory Advance has sorted out the problem, It just needs heavy testing now (preferably starting a new game from the settings of the latest RDB)

Smiff

Emutalk Member
could you attach a native save aswell please (F-ZERO X.sra from your Save folder)
thanks..

Smiff

Emutalk Member
ok thanks. that confirms:

if you are using a known good ROM (that means after scanning the current GoodN64, the name is "F-ZERO X (E) [!]"

and
you put the new RDB from the RDB WIP thread into your PJ64 folder (overwriting the one there)

and reset the game (F1)

that WILL fix this problem.. however it may cause other problems, which is what we're asking about.

OP
T

Tiger1

like I promissed I kept testing and here is my next problem. It Occurs if you load my safe and start a death race. hope it helps. By the way I'm using the latest database

Last edited:

4real

Tiger1 said:
like I promissed I kept testing and here is my next problem. It Occurs if you load my safe and start a death race. hope it helps. By the way I'm using the latest database

If you using onboard graphics card you need to change the self modifying code to Change memory and cache then it should work fine.

This might work with other cards but i have the same problem and im using onboard graphics card and this has fixed the issue's in the game.

Tiger1 said:
use protect memory to avoid that unhandled opcode, and turn off abl for smooth playing