What's new

Pete's plugins on Zinc 1.1

revl8er

That Damn Good
Can someone tell me how to get pete's plugins working on Zinc 1.1. I was able to get it to work with Zinc 1.02 but it just doesn't seem to wanna work with 1.1. I try renaming the plugin to the correct file name and it gives me an error when I load the game. I wanna use these plugins because it seems to get better speed so if anyone knows how to get it to work then please help. If it helps, I'm using dafreak's gui.

rcgamer

the old guy
I found this tutorial i wrote for another forum.
maybe it will help you to.

an fyi for anyone who didnt know. you can use petes psx plugins with this emu.

you have to get his frontend for zinc its on his website http://www.pbernert.com/
along with the plugins. otherwise you will be stuck with the default setting and you will have to use a different method (change the name of the dll to renderer.znc)

when you unrar\unzip zinc (its best to have it in c;\zinc) you cant have any spaces in the path. now delete the renderer.cfg that is in the folder. put petes ogl2.dll in the folder. put amazinc (thats the name of his frontend) in the folder.now put your roms in the roms folder.
now start up notepad and paste this into it (unless you want to make your own)

--roms-directory=e:\zinc11-win32\roms
--use-sound=yes
--sound-filter-enable=yes
--sound-filter-cutoff=44100
--sound-surround-lite-enable=yes
--sound-surround-lite-multiplier=40
--sound-stereo-exciter=no
--use-slow-geometry=no

of course you will change the information to suit your pc.

save it as zinc.cfg in your zinc folder.

now start up amazinc and double click a game , when it asks you to configure you game click yes and then click the configure render plugin button (dont click the configure emulator button or you will have to repeat the copy \paste steps). set up the plugin however you want for the game then click ok. now double click the game again and your set.

the only bad part is you have to configure each game. but its really easy when you have a good configuration setup, you can just click ok to each one.

you can also use his sound plugin as well.

the differance is awesome. in tekken 3 instead of 25-30 fps i am now getting 50-60. it is truly worth the trouble.

enjoy.

snesmaster40

rcgamer thanks for those settings, I managed to get Tekken 1 running slightly faster, I just need to do more testing.

OP
R

revl8er

That Damn Good
Can you help me configure my controller. I just can't seem to figure it out. I'm using a psx/n64 usb adapter with a psx controller.

OP
R

revl8er

That Damn Good
I have tried that plugin with dafreak's gui and the buttons didn't wanna work for some games of mine such as energeiz. I also haven't been able to use pete's ogl 2 plugin with the gui you told me to use. It just doesnt show up in the list and i have it in the main directory.

rcgamer

the old guy
i have no idea what you are doing wrong then. it shows up fine on mine. sorry i cant help more.