What's new

problems configuring joystick with PJ64 v1.6

mustbeburt

Please help. Here is my scenerio:

I have an adaptoid which as worked PERFECTLY with PJ64 v.1.5. I recently upgraded to PJ64 v.1.6. However, I've run into a snag. It will not let me configure the controller. I click on one of the little boxes to assign a button to it, and then no matter which button I hit on the controller, "Z-" always appears in the box. I have no idea what it means. With version 1.5, once I pushed a button on the controller, a number would pop up in the box, which was the number assigned to that specific button. Anyways, that's my problem. It's not a matter of whether or not my computer detects the controller, either. I know that because v.1.5 is still on my computer, and the controller still works for it. But then when I close v.1.5 and open v.1.6 it gives me the "Z-" business. Please help. I really want to try version 1.6!!!

Smiff

Emutalk Member
there may be a bug here, but 1 Q:
if you have adaptoid, any reason you aren't using adaptoid plugin?

OP
mustbeburt

mustbeburt

Well it's not an official Adaptoid. It's one of those converters that has both an N64 controller and a Playstation controller port on it. But again, it works perfectly with 1.5.

OP
mustbeburt

mustbeburt

I'm at work right now. I'm definitely taking his advice, but I'll have to go home and try it. I'll get back to you guys tomorrow to let you know how it went. Thanks!

Smiff

Emutalk Member
ahhh.. it's a Boom. make sure it's calibrated properly. i had this problem with mine. also raise deadzone while setting keys.

but of course, if you already have the v1.5 plugin configured how you like it, you can just copy it over to v1.6..

Jesterhead

Boom...

I have a Boom too, one possible solution is to put a PSX Pad and a N64 Pad into, mine works fine now :p

nick_danger

2 Fast, not that Furious
My one Adaptoid works and is detected flawlessly, but when I add more than one, it doesn't detect the second (third or fourth) within the ROM. When I select "configure input plugin" it says it only detects one Adaptoid, but my computer detects them all. So for right now I can only use two controllers by using NDRage plugin... I sure would like to just use the Adaptoid plugin...

Smiff

Emutalk Member
nick_danger said:
My one Adaptoid works and is detected flawlessly, but when I add more than one, it doesn't detect the second (third or fourth) within the ROM. When I select "configure input plugin" it says it only detects one Adaptoid, but my computer detects them all. So for right now I can only use two controllers by using NDRage plugin... I sure would like to just use the Adaptoid plugin...

I went to check this, saw the same issue, reinstalled the v2.0.1 drivers, rebooted and now it detects two.
we have a potential problem looming here that we (and afaik no one in the emulation community) has the plugin source.. the binary was given to me by someone related to wishtech.. perhaps they were worried someone would use it to clone the adaptoid, but since they are now gone.. i should try to contact or find someone with contact.