What's new

An idea....

BinoX

Dreamemu Tester
Move all the buttons in the top right to below the emutalk logo.
Every VBulletin that I have set up I did this first because it actually looks a lot better.

Martin

Administrator
Not a bad idea, I might do that once I've got some spare time. :)

Cheers for the suggestion. :emutalk1:

zeus

It looks a lot neeter then before and it´s easier to use but I´m still missing the delete post button, maybe this feature isn´t allowed on user level, if it isn´t, it should be. And what´s up with the links, everytime I post a link or equal to a free host such as fortunecity, geocities or angelfire the link comes up as a 404, if i copy and paste the link in the browser, it works. Is this connected to the boards way of handling links?

And maybe a option to attach multiple files should be included, without removing the max file size limit, as long as you attach less then 70Kb then your safe, independant on how many files you have attached.

Martin

Administrator
I´m still missing the delete post button, maybe this feature isn´t allowed on user level, if it isn´t, it should be.

The ability to delete posts isn't allowed at the regular member level. People will have to think before they post something. :devil:

And what´s up with the links, everytime I post a link or equal to a free host such as fortunecity, geocities or angelfire the link comes up as a 404, if i copy and paste the link in the browser, it works. Is this connected to the boards way of handling links?

If you post links to images of those free hosts it won't work. They want to save bandwidth from leechers. :). A correctly written link to a site that allows it will work, the message board handles links just like any website would do.

And maybe a option to attach multiple files should be included, without removing the max file size limit, as long as you attach less then 70Kb then your safe, independant on how many files you have attached.

This might be possible with some hacking, but I'm not up for it. If people really need to attach many files they might as well sign up for some free host and put their files there. Or, if one wants to post a few attachments they can do so through seperate posts.

Cheers :)

LefterisD

Version 2.0.3 allows users to delete posts but I won't recomend allowing it because if the person who started the thread deletes his first post I think the whole thread is deleted.

Anyway this feature caused a real mess in another emulation site so it was removed.

The images thing now: Geocities doesn't support image hotlink nor some other hosts. Netfirms and F2S supports it though so you can freely store images there and show them here.

OP
BinoX

BinoX

Dreamemu Tester
Martin said:
Had some spare time, and changed it around. Yup, looks much better. :)

Yay thanks :)
The buttons on the right made my eyes go weird so I'm glad that it's sorted :D