What's new

zelda oot problems with rice

dutchMasta

First of all, I'm using Rice 6.1.1 beta 10 with hi-res textures and using dx (ogl has more problems).
Comp: P4 2.4 Ghz, DX9.0c, GF 6800GT 71.89, 1g RAM, XP Pro
Rom, v1.0 (U) zelda ocarina of time

Before you say anything, I've searched a hell of a lot, and people have posted things about these, but the solutions haven't worked for me.

I have a few problems, most minor, but one major one which has caused me to have to change plugins and therefore not use hi-res textures =(

The main problem i have is with the lens of truth. It shows invisible items such as chests, but doesn't work for things like walls which aren't actually there, fake walls.
I tried emulate clear in current game options in rice, no difference.

Minor problem with the menu, the character doesn't show correctly, all jarbled
Tried enabling framebuffer effects (almost every combination possible), improves it a lot, but still some weird graphical errors. I've only had two results, the completely jarbled one, and almost ok one.

Another minor problem, is when playing songs, like saria's song, I get the leaf swirl, but around that, at the screen corners, instead of some distortion effect like it's supposed to, it's just black.
Enabled 32bit textures, no difference.

Also, the crash that occurs after exitting the lost woods, fixed by changing the self-modifying thing to change memory & cache, for me, caused another error in the forest temple, when untwisting, or retwisting, the corridor by shooting an arrow at the eye above the door to it. It freezes the game completely, but can be fixed by changing the self-modifying thing in game settings back to default, didn't see this anywhere, hope it helps.

If anyone has the lens of truth working right, could you post your entire rice settings? thanks, if you're confused and would prefer screenshots of my probs, just ask, i'll put them up

thanks

sir_eot

Re - Video Problems

:bye3: From Project64 message board moderator I saw where he said Rice 6.1.1 seems to work better on 1964 , I'm new to the forum and the whole emulator sceen , but Rice 6.1.1 beta 10 seems to have other issues as well
such as FAA and ASF failure to init , and a host of other flaws to many to mention , thats not a slam on Rice video plugin , I think it's the best one we have at the moment for a video plugin because it has lots of options ,
I feel rice will get the led out of his bottom one of these days and get bussy working on fixing it for the Nvidia FX Geforce 6 family of video cards ...
or I'll have to do it for him lol ... I mean how hard can it be to work with the already brilliant DX8.1 implimentation , today we have DX9 and well quite frankly it's time to recode lol ... I can't help you much with the video issues at the moment because I just don't know enough about whats happening inside the rice.dll but there is no crime in opening that puppy up and fixing it.

OP
D

dutchMasta

thanks for the reply, i've tried 1964, but it made no difference.

i would love to open up rice.dll, but have no idea how to do so, and also, dont know if rice would accept such an act, but if he gets working on geforce 6 and dx9 implementation in his plugin, that would be awesome

sir_eot

Corrections

Apparently the moderator sticky thinks that
Rice beta 10 video plug in and Project 64 are not up for dissgussion
on this forum he closed my post about it , I thought thats what this
forum was about was people talking about emulators and the plugins
they use , apparently I'm not allowed to help in their development on this
forum , so send me an email [email protected] and I'll keep you informed
on progress about the rice beta 10 plugin and how we can take
rice's free source files and recomiple ourselves a better one ...
take care and totaly sorry if I've waisted this forums time.

PS. Apparently my post to you violates one of the rules

wich states were not allowed to talk about third party plugins or their development.

Last edited:
OP
D

dutchMasta

oh, well, don't worry about it, i'm just gonna wait. i've already stopped playing anyway, i'll wait til the retexture pack is completely done, only around 10% so it'll take a while, and rice, at the rate he's going, probably will release a much closer to perfect plugin by then.

Clements

sir_eot said:
Apparently the moderator sticky thinks that
Rice beta 10 video plug in and Project 64 are not up for dissgussion
on this forum he closed my post about it , I thought thats what this
forum was about was people talking about emulators and the plugins
they use , apparently I'm not allowed to help in their development on this
forum , so send me an email [email protected] and I'll keep you informed
on progress about the rice beta 10 plugin and how we can take
rice's free source files and recomiple ourselves a better one ...
take care and totaly sorry if I've waisted this forums time.

PS. Apparently my post to you violates one of the rules

wich states were not allowed to talk about third party plugins or their development.

No - you are not supposed to discuss 3rd party plugins in the PJ64 forum - this is the 1964 forum, where discussion of Rice Video is relevant sice Rice's plugin is to 1964 as Jabo's plugin is to PJ64. Other plugins than these are discussed in the 'Plugins' forum.