What's new

Perfect Dark hangs forever

Tiger1

I just played Perfect Dark, after I finished the first misison and want to start the second one it loads (I've waited 10 minutes) and nothing happens. The music is playing though.

Can someone verify? I used the multi language rom and played it in german if it is helpful.

Thanks for that superb emulator

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
That should be a known issue. That problem is known to occur randomly. The only solution is to restart the game.

Trotterwatch

Another solution is before you get in the elevator, save (just to make it easier).

Then when you go into the elevator, wait a second then go into the plugin options and force D3D transform pipeline. That section will then pass - didn't happen to me in any subsequent levels.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
its happened to me a few times on different levels. perhaps project64 1.5 with 1.6 plugins might work better, dunno? :p - I find it quite hard to believe the video plugin is what causes it.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
i couldn't get this to happen when i tried with trotter's save
can someone who sees it check with Pj64 v1.5
then we need to check which settings cause it (if relevant) in 1.6
don't remember reports of this with previous versions..

OP
T

Tiger1

If it is a known porblem you should write it in the PJgameFAQ.chm that anyone could read it. Or what is this file else good for?

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
It wasn't a known problem when the gamefaq was made. There is such a thing as problems arising after release you know.