What's new

How do you rip games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
Yeah, and don't keep asking - you can get yourself in trouble.

(Although myself personally, I don't see why it's not allowed to post how to rip. We all are guilty of doing it, and at least if you tell people how, they'll be less prone to go and download it illegally. Just my 2 cents.)

DistantJ

Yup... I only want this emulator (when it'll play full speed) so that I can play my legitimately owned retail GameCube games on my PC instead of having to use a crappy video card, I don't intend to do any iso downloading. So I think some information on ripping the game would be good.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
ShizZie said:
Yeah, and don't keep asking - you can get yourself in trouble.

(Although myself personally, I don't see why it's not allowed to post how to rip. We all are guilty of doing it, and at least if you tell people how, they'll be less prone to go and download it illegally. Just my 2 cents.)
Because it's basically a grey area afaik. Ripping is, in sense, illegal since you're duplicating copyright protected material without permission. However, laws do state (at least in certain countries) that backups of owned software can be made. Although I only know for sure it applies to computer software & games (at least here).

JinXD

In a lot of countries it is illegal to create backups of your own games, hence why it's against the rules to discuss such things on Emutalk.

As has already been said all the information can be obtained from a google search :p (there used to be an article on emuhelp with an idiots guide on cracking the cube, but the link was removed from the main site a while back)

Pky

And men, you created another post after asking something that's nearly the same... so stop doing this or you'll get banned for sure.

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
Link123 said:
how do you rip games and what do people mean when they say "write a ripper"?

I guess you forgot to read the rules of the forum....

DOLPHIN FORUM RULES
Quote from rules
DO NOT:
  • Ask how to rip GC-iso's (google is your friend ... )

I'm closing this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.