What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Difference of the images _rgb,_all and _ci?

Kyubi_Naruto

Well,I have a doubt,what is the difference of the images _rgb,_all and _ci???
In the emulator,the option to have the original textures of the game is the button dump textures into files????I clicked in this option but I only have the _rgb and the _all textures but how I can get the _ci textures????Rgb_ and _All is the same thing???Please answer my question and sorry for my bad English,I'm Spanish. :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:

V-King

Just a dude
If you would have read the readme-file of Rice's plugin you'd know it by now.

But coz I'm a nice person ( :devil: ) I'll tell you what they are.

The _rgb-Files are the textures which contain only the colors. Just colors, nothing else. Oh, and the place, where the colored pixels have to be.

The _ci-files are only black and white. As far as I know they contain the alpha-channel-stuff-places-thingies (anybody here, who can explain them better? My English is not goos enough for this one :p )

The _all-files contain all the colored textures as the alpha-channels. You could say they're a mixture of the _rgb- and _ci-textures.

I hope, it was all understandable ;)

Toast Siege

EmuTalk Memberr
I think you're a little confused...

The RGB textures are regular images, and have no fixed palette. They don't include transparency. For that you'll need the image containing the alpha channel. Regular RGB images are 24-bit - the red, blue and green channels count as 8 bits each - and an alpha channel (and remember, the alpha channel is the transparency) adds up to 32 bits. These 32-bit textures are contained in the "png_all" folder, but if you wish to work with the alpha channel as a seperate image then in the "png_by_rgb_a" folder, you have the same textures, but divided into the 24-bit RGB and the 8-bit alpha.

V-King, don't take this the wrong way, but most of what you said was wrong.
"CI" textures, (which stands for "colour indexed") do have a fixed palette and will not work if you change the number of colours or add any new colour data. You will have to redraw the CI image using the exact same colours. I don't believe CI textures use any form of transparency and I'm not quite sure what the "ci_bmp_with_pal_crc" folder is about, sorry.