What's new

A Request to the programmers (if I may)

White_Pointer

I know you guys are hard at work, continually delaying the new release of Nemu to ensure the best compatibility when it is finally released. Well, I was wondering if I could game a "compatible game request", as it were.

You are probably no doubt aware that NONE of the current N64 emulators can run Killer Instinct Gold correctly (Yes I know I have mentioned this game in the PJ64 forum). They either don't run it at all, run the intro then crash, or run the game agonisingly slowly with graphic corruption on the 3D rendered models. This is really quite annoying, considering it is one of the only Nintendo 64 games I think is worth playing! :p

Maybe you guys are already working on it, or maybe you have already perfected it, I don't know, but I just thought I would add a little fuel to the fire.

Oh, and while I am at it, I might as well ask this: What makes KI:Gold so different from other N64 games? Why is it none of the emulators have any trouble running games like Mario 64 and Mario Kart but they all have trouble running KI:Gold?

White_Pointer

Remote

/me wonders if RCP is still working on his KI2 arcade emulator...

Smiff mentioned the other day that Jabo's plugin does not use the heavy amount of caching games that uses sprites needs hence it is slow, please do correct me if I am wrong. If RCP is still working on his Killer Instinct arcade board emulators he is probaly the one who is most likely to make a plugin capable of running KI2 with acceptable performance, assuming he has the time and dedication to continue his D3D plugin. If you are keen on the KI series try the arcade emulator, it is a hefty download and if it is worth it is up to you to decide...

U64 emu

Slougi

Actually Killer Instinct has been completely rewritten for the n64, so that wouldn't help RCP afaik.

Remote

Perhaps not but considering the fact that RCP had produced not one, but two Killer Instinct emulators I guess he has the dedication needed for producing yet another one, I would not be surprised if someone told me that he is quite keen on the Killer Instinct series... He is proably busy with real life situations, who is not?, but if he decides to accact the Nintendo 64 incarnation of Killer Instinct I am confident in the fact that he will come through and deliver. And if he decides to tackle the Nintendo 64 incarnation of Killer Instinct he would only have to emulate one game, in contrast to all other graphics coders who are playing against a full set of opponents.