What's new

How to set FPSlimit to 30??

Tinker20

Default fps limit for Project64 1.6 is 60 frames per second.

especially wipeout64 runs too fast with 60 frames.

Is there a way to set the fps to a maximum of 30?

Please help me.
Thank you.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
if you think a game is running too fast, you can try enabling sync game to audio or adjust counter factor.
limiter is not adjustable sorry.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
60FPS is displayed by Project 64, I really think it is misnamed as it is really the number of VI's being performed, the framerate is half what it says, 60 VI's = 30fps, 50 VI's = 25fps.

By the way to back this up, I know for a fact the N64 NTSC does not go above 30frames per second and the Pal one doesn't go above 25. So this theory is based on logic. PJ64's FPS is equal to 1964's VIs;

Adjust the counter factor to a higher number, if its CF1 set it to CF2 and so on till it feels more accurate.

Last edited:

Allnatural

You could buy an old PC from a local flea market or garage sale. Something with a sub-par CPU should make PJ64 run slow.

RadeonUser

ScottJC said:
60FPS is displayed by Project 64, I really think it is misnamed as it is really the number of VI's being performed, the framerate is half what it says, 60 VI's = 30fps, 50 VI's = 25fps.

By the way to back this up, I know for a fact the N64 NTSC does not go above 30frames per second and the Pal one doesn't go above 25. So this theory is based on logic. PJ64's FPS is equal to 1964's VIs;

Adjust the counter factor to a higher number, if its CF1 set it to CF2 and so on till it feels more accurate.

Its not misnamed... People just assume it means Frames Per Second, which it doesnt. It is Fields Per Second.

As Smiff mentioned there is currently no way to control the limiter in PJ64. Sync audio may drop it a bit from its standard but its usually not much and changing counter frame can lead to nasty results...