What's new

Problem with windows media video

top_gamer

I have a problem with the videos of the Webpages with the extension "WMV". I can listen to the sound but the only thing I see is blocks of different colors.

This problem started when i downloaded windows media player 10 from the page of Windows update. Looks like that the program or one of its files is corrupted.

Im a noob with those things so i need some help. Thanks in advance.

Trotterwatch

Try this:

Double click the title bar (very top of the browser) then maximise it again - the video should show up.

Otherwise click the icon next to the between close and minimise, then maximise the browser.

If not, let us know what browser you are using - if using Firefox you can have the WMV open up in an external player, such as Windows Media Player using MediaPlayerConnectivity plugin.

OP
T

top_gamer

Im using one called Avant Browser, it uses the iexplore.exe (Internet Explorer) program to see the pages but its faster and has more tools, like a pop-up blocker.

I hope this can be fixed.

OP
T

top_gamer

Yes but its the same, i think that got something to do with something called video "Dsp", in the options window in the main program there should be something, but its blank.