What's new

N64 emulator/bestone4....

MOB

I am new to this whole emulation thing. I have a n64 and my favorite game on it was Flying Dragon. I lost that game a while back and would like to play it again, and some new ones.

Here is a list of emulators:
TR64, Daedalus, Mupen 64, Nemu, 64, Project 64,
Supra HLE, UltraHLE2064, UltraHLE, TRWin, UlrtaHLE Alpha,
1964, Apollo

which one will work the best and be able to play Flying Dragon on a Win 98, Pentium 3, 256 MB. If you guys need any more specs just ask me and I'll find out. Thanks

Allnatural

Why wait for one of us to tell you? Why not just try a few (or all) of the emulators you've listed and see which is best?

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Allnatural said:
Why wait for one of us to tell you? Why not just try a few (or all) of the emulators you've listed and see which is best?
It's called laziness, sheer laziness. :p

OP
M

MOB

Allnatural said:
I have dial-up :blush:

OP
M

MOB

sethmcdoogle said:
Video card information would be helpful, and the speed of the processor.
I don't have a video card(I'm thinking those are those radeon and/or Nvidia ones) and I am not sure how to check my processor speed of my Pentium 3, so if you know how to, tell me and I will find out

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Go to start->run and type in DxDiag and hit enter, you will get plenty of information about your computer there, and btw you do have a video card otherwise you'd get no video...! :p

OP
M

MOB

ScottJC said:
Go to start->run and type in DxDiag and hit enter, you will get plenty of information about your computer there, and btw you do have a video card otherwise you'd get no video...! :p
Oh :blush: I have a Pentium 3 483MHz, and I couldn't find a video card specific place, but this was listed in DISPLAY

Name: ELSA TNT2 Vanta
Manufacturer: ELSA
Chip Type: NVIDIA TNT2 Vanta Rev A
DAC Type: Internal
Approx. Total Memory: 15.5 MB
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

Clements

You have a slow processor and a old video card, so I guess UltraHLE (and it's variants) is the best shot you have, just hope the game is supported by it. The other emulators will be too slow for you.

OP
M

MOB

Clements said:
You have a slow processor and a old video card, so I guess UltraHLE (and it's variants) is the best shot you have, just hope the game is supported by it. The other emulators will be too slow for you.
Oh ok, thanks. What is the "best emulator" Lets say I update the video card, how much would it cost for a video card that can play more types of emulators in a decent quality and which video card would be the best(name of the company and website if you guys can list them).

And my motherboard only supports Pentium 3 and Celeron. Which is the highest version of the Pentium 3 under $100.

Clements

My advice would be to save your money. You could upgrade your system but it would still be on the slow side but much better than it was.

That said, with $100 you can buy a PIII 1.2GHz for $58 and a GeForceFX 5200 128MB for $42 (Figures from Pricewatch), and then you would be able to use all the emulators and plugins available, and be able to play most games (but not high system requirement games smoothly). This is providing your motherboard can take the PIII at all (I'm not an Intel guy, so I don't know). You could equally save your cash for a totally new updated system if you want and that would perform much better but at a higher cost.

OP
M

MOB

Clements said:
My advice would be to save your money. You could upgrade your system but it would still be on the slow side but much better than it was.

That said, with $100 you can buy a PIII 1.2GHz for $58 and a GeForceFX 5200 128MB for $42 (Figures from Pricewatch), and then you would be able to use all the emulators and plugins available, and be able to play most games (but not high system requirement games smoothly). This is providing your motherboard can take the PIII at all (I'm not an Intel guy, so I don't know). You could equally save your cash for a totally new updated system if you want and that would perform much better but at a higher cost.
Ok thanks, I guess I'll just buy a new pc. I am going to get it from Costco, because you can return it and get a new 1 every year or so :D