What's new

Chankast Prob w/ DAEMON Tools

FighterFan

Fighting Game Fanatic
Here's the deal, I installed Chankast onto a school computer (don't worry the teacher's don't care) and tried booting from the Marvel vs. Capcom 2 CD. I've tested this my two other computers at home and it works. Apparently I get a IO Control error after the Dreamcast. I tried getting the ISO and mounting it using Alcohol 120%, but I get the same error. I've searched around the forums and noticed that most people recommend using DAEMON Tools to mount the ISO, but the problem is that the program starts in the Notification Area and we cannot access that area. Is there a way to turn off virtual drives, mount/unmount ISOs, and such without using DAEMON Tools notification area. I also want to mention that the school PC have Intel Extreme Graphics, 2.6 ghz Pentium 4 processor (faster than then the PCs I use at home), and 512 MB RAM. I may think that the Extreme Graphics might be the colprit. Any help is greatly appreciated.

greasyspoon

Intel Extreme Graphics sucks, believe me I had that. And you can use alcohol, Nero, and some other programs to mount images and stuff.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Alcohol and Nero's virtual drives also reside in the system tray just like Daemon's. Your only way around it may be to just burn the ISO to a CD and playing it directly off the CD drive. This lets you avoid having to use the sys tray entirely.

greasyspoon

No, you can easily just double click the Alcohol Shortcut on the desktop or whatever, then just mount images on the virtual drives from there.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
greasyspoon said:
No, you can easily just double click the Alcohol Shortcut on the desktop or whatever, then just mount images on the virtual drives from there.

I think the desktop shortcut is only for the burning application of Alcohol, and not the virtual drive. At least that's how it used to be.

OP
F

FighterFan

Fighting Game Fanatic
I know you can mount and unmount using command-lines with DAEMON Tools, but is there a way you can enable/disable virtual drives with the command-lines in DAEMON Tools?

terror@urdoor

Well buddy...you can easily disable your daemon virtual drive.
click on the daemon tary on you taskbar, and check the options, there should be an option that would allow you to disable the virtual drive.
Alcohol 120 is very nice as well, cause it gives you avirtual drive besides being a great burning tool.
anyway I recomnd that you make an image with the etension ".ccd"(using clone cd) or ".cdi"(using discjuggler), those types seem to work better than .iso images when playing on chankast.

regards

terror@urDoor
is@urservice​

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
terror@urdoor said:
Well buddy...you can easily disable your daemon virtual drive.
click on the daemon tary on you taskbar, and check the options, there should be an option that would allow you to disable the virtual drive.
Alcohol 120 is very nice as well, cause it gives you avirtual drive besides being a great burning tool.
anyway I recomnd that you make an image with the etension ".ccd"(using clone cd) or ".cdi"(using discjuggler), those types seem to work better than .iso images when playing on chankast.

regards

terror@urDoor
is@urservice​

Didn't you read the original post? He was looking for a way to use the virtual drive WITHOUT the ability to access the system tray.

terror@urdoor

generalplot said:
Didn't you read the original post? He was looking for a way to use the virtual drive WITHOUT the ability to access the system tray.

I have read the original post, and I don't see any problem in using the system tray. however...if you right-click the virtual drive (when using alcohol), you'de see 2 options that are not available in other tools(like daemon), that is to mount & unmount image.

and as I said before "daemon" is a great tool, and I recomend using it too, along with .ccd or .cdi images.

regards

terror@urDoor
is@urService​

Last edited:

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
FighterFan said:
Here's the deal, I installed Chankast onto a school computer.......the problem is that the program starts in the Notification Area and we cannot access that area.

terror@urdoor said:
I have read the original post, and I don't see any problem in using the system tray......regards

terror@urDoor
is@urService​

I don't think you read ALL of it, as he said, and I quote "he cannot access the notification area (system tray). I don't think I can point this out any better than this.

terror@urdoor

you made it crystal clear "generalplot"...well what could I say???
maybe some of the file-system are dameged or corrupted...if so you have to consider formatting and reinstalling windows.

Last edited: