What's new

Zelda: OoT Save State Troubles

bridegur

I downloaded a save state from Zophar's and placed it in my save file, but everytime I try to load it in Project64 it says "unable to load the save state THE LEGEND OF ZELDA.pj." The only files I have in my save folder are .eep and .sra, so I don't know what's going on. What's the deal?

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
bridegur said:
I downloaded a save state from Zophar's and placed it in my save file, but everytime I try to load it in Project64 it says "unable to load the save state THE LEGEND OF ZELDA.pj." The only files I have in my save folder are .eep and .sra, so I don't know what's going on. What's the deal?

erm i didnt know Zophar's had a PJ64 Save State archive

OP
B

bridegur

Sorry, I downloaded one from their SRAM archives. I've also downloaded a couple other .sra files for OoT and I always get the same error message. What am I doing wrong?

ggab

Emutalk Member
maybe a bad internal name in your rom, or the SRAM is for a particular version (e.g 1.0,1.1, USA/japan, etc) you don't have....

Allnatural

bridegur said:
I downloaded a save state from Zophar's and placed it in my save file, but everytime I try to load it in Project64 it says "unable to load the save state THE LEGEND OF ZELDA.pj."

Sorry, I downloaded one from their SRAM archives. I've also downloaded a couple other .sra files for OoT and I always get the same error message. What am I doing wrong?
If you're downloading an sram, why are you trying to load a save state?

OP
B

bridegur

Okay, apparently I'm very confused about all of this. This is what I'm trying to accomplish: download save for OoT so I can skip the whole Kokiri bit. What do I need to do?!

Allnatural

If you're using an sram (eep, fla, any native save format) you load the game just as you would with the original cartridge. Assuming the file you downloaded has the name format PJ64 is looking for, the save should show up when you start the game and go to the load screen.