What's new

Just a question?

toaof

My currrent PC

AMD Athlon Xp 1600+
Geforce 3 Ti500
512 Mb ram
60 Gb Seagate hard disk

So now i would like to know what frame rate i'll get when playing avarange games and wich emu is best for compatibility + speed + quality. Plz reply thx

Epic64

Well what can I say?
I'm not sure you should of posted the question here but in answer to your question.

Your high spec system should mean any emu should run great. As to which is best that is a matter of personal taste. Try them all and see which you prefer, although I personally have a soft spot for Apollo and Nemu. Before anyone replies saying others are better like I said it's a matter of personal taste!

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
epic is right about the taste thing. most emus hav features that others dont and all hav their own good points. a good starting point, if that is what u want, would be pj64 or 1964. they both hav very high compat and speed is not an issue for ur system. be prepared to juggle plugins.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Epic64 said:
I'm not sure you should of posted the question here but in answer to your question.

Your high spec system should mean any emu should run great. As to which is best that is a matter of personal taste. Try them all and see which you prefer, although I personally have a soft spot for Apollo and Nemu. Before anyone replies saying others are better like I said it's a matter of personal taste!

lol, no it's not (matter of personal taste). Apollo and Nemu cannot now give him as good results overall as he could get with Project64 or 1964... period. He has given his specs., now there is a definate answer, don't get all fluffy and new age mmkay.

Whobetta

Sorry

Sorry buddy but your computer isn't good enough for N64 you need:

386/486 processor with fpu
4mb ram
512k video card
dos 6.0

If you don't get it by know, what's the point of posting your specs when you know n64 will run great on that machine. Do you? Don't tell me you don't? Do you ever read requirements in the readme files? LOL...maybe I am jealous (but not for long..)

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Smiff said:

lol, no it's not (matter of personal taste). Apollo and Nemu cannot now give him as good results overall as he could get with Project64 or 1964... period. He has given his specs., now there is a definate answer, don't get all fluffy and new age mmkay.

Don't be mean to someone if they actually like what I did. :(

Slougi

Actually if you look at compatibility lists you will see Apollo very high on there, maybe higher than PJ64. It's Interpreter only, but in a year or so, do we really need recompilers anymore?

rob in london

amiga nut
i wonder, if and when nemu ..8 gets a public release, and should it turn out to be faster and more compatible than pj64 , wether smiff would argue with somone who likes to use pj64 and tell them that nemus better?
i doubt it, and to say personal preference has nothing to do with is just wrong anyway.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
rob_in _london said:
i wonder, if and when nemu ..8 gets a public release, and should it turn out to be faster and more compatible than pj64 , wether smiff would argue with somone who likes to use pj64 and tell them that nemus better?
i doubt it, and to say personal preference has nothing to do with is just wrong anyway.

If I think Nemu is the right choice for someone ill say so, it would be pretty shocking if it wasn't better in some ways, of course it's all academic until they release something and currently i don't think it's ever the right choice for any situation I can think of. what I think of the authors is a seperate issue (I would say "has nothing to do with it" but clearly it has something to do with it in that their personality affects the product).

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Slougi said:
Actually if you look at compatibility lists you will see Apollo very high on there, maybe higher than PJ64. It's Interpreter only, but in a year or so, do we really need recompilers anymore?

I think it will be at least 3/4 years before the majority can forget about recompilers, and even then, if a recompiler runs it well why would you want to use anything slower?

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Smiff said:

If I think Nemu is the right choice for someone ill say so, it would be pretty shocking if it wasn't better in some ways, of course it's all academic until they release something and currently i don't think it's ever the right choice for any situation I can think of. what I think of the authors is a seperate issue (I would say "has nothing to do with it" but clearly it has something to do with it in that their personality affects the product).

I disagree. My personality doesn't reflect my product at all. In a way, I can see your point. But you are only seeing 10% of all the programming I do in Emulation (as well as other authors). Most of my programming time is spent on classwork, personal applications, and non-emulation related work. If you look at the collective whole, yes, it reflects my personality with the topics I choose to program on and the work distribution. I do disagree that the "product" reflects personality. Only 5% of what I do is distributed (hence product). I am sure others have their projects as well. 15% of what I do is known publically. Knowing 5% of me is not knowing my personality. That is the point I am making.

gokuss4

Meh...
heres my specs

amd athlon 2300+
geforce 4 ti4600
3gb of ddr ram
sound blaster audigy sound card with 500-watt ihx 5.1 speaker system

yeah i got a new system its great lol and pj64 is great too HAHA j/k ive been saving up my money for years and years ;) yeah right my system is still the same one from my sig :( oh well.

but apart from that pj64 or (whenever it comes out nemu0.8) pick that but try 1964 until that comes out. but PJ64 1.4 is the top one in my list.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
whoa there azimer.. I said that the authors' personalities affect the product.. not that you can take the product and, working backwards from it, deduce the personalities.

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Smiff said:
whoa there azimer.. I said that the authors' personalities affect the product.. not that you can take the product and, working backwards from it, deduce the personalities.

lol... Smiff. I apologize lol. I read it wrong now that I am not tired. :) I swore it said reflects... not affects. I agree. Personality does affect the product.... but it doesn't reflect the product which is what I thought I read. :) I thought you were wiser than that :)

Epic64

Well what can I say?
Epic64 said:

OK so what's wrong with trying them all? I'm not fluffy or new-age but maybe older than your average emu fan. ;)
I prefer Nemu and Apollo - Period. So what? And as far as I'm concerned it's my personal choice! Yeah maybe I should have got all factual and quoted that PJ64 plays more games than the rest! Any emu authors work is worthy of others appreciation and I've tried tham all. :)