What's new

Problem with Zelda: OOT

The2max

Hello, this is my first post here. I'm having some graphical problems with Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I've noticed a few other people out there have listed this problem, but there doesn't seem to be a conclusive solution.
For one thing, the start menu takes forever to come up, and when it does, the graphics look insane. Additionally the textures jump around occasionally, most noticeably in the house Link starts out at in the very beginning. I've tried changing the frame buffer in current game settings, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Also, does anybody know if there's a tutorial out there for Rice's video plugin settings? It has some settings which I'm not entirely sure what they do.

*edit*
I'm using Rice's video plugin 6.1, with Project 64 and 1964. I also have the high res textures on, but the problem seems to remain with them off too. I keep seeing something about the "frame buffer' coming up in reference to this problem, but I am unsure what I should change to fix it.
I also tried updating to Project 64 v1.6. That seems to have improved the menu speed, but the other problem remain.

Last edited:
S

SuperMARLIO

Um the2max this looks like a Project64!(considering the sceenies :) :canadian: )
AAAANNNNNNDDDDD Welcome to emutalk!

OP
T

The2max

Oh wow, thanks a lot Clements. That did the trick. It's a pity it doesn't work perfectly, but that is more than adequate.

Mollymutt

OOT menu fix

the2max to fix the menu taking forever to come up, go to edit/cheat codes and find the subscreen delay fix cheat..

ragnor

I'm using PJ64 mostly, so perhaps that's the reason I dont have that cheat, but... it doesn't. Maybe I just need to use some later version of OOT for that? Like 1.02 or whatever?

ggab

Emutalk Member
MQ is harder :D

in general, it has the dungeons re-done (and some others minor changes...)

Yugi

I notice I get this problem when I even use rice. I tired setting the options above but it gets a run time error.