What's new

Anisotropic Filtering etc

Cupid Stunt

Emu Fan
I always left this switched off until now. Anyway, no matter what value I use (2, 4, 8 or 16) I honestly can't notice any difference? The same goes for Full-Scene Antialiasing. Am I missing something obvious? I'm using an Nvidia 6800Ultra & latest official drivers BTW.

Cheers

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
I've noticed that the plugin options don't work on my card. Enabling AA and AF through the Control panel does work though. There is a definate difference. Especially at 16xS FSAA. ;)

Clements

Yep, force it through your drivers and it'll work. Anti-aliasing smoothes the jagged edges of the polygons while anisotrophic filtering will make textures on angled planes look better.

OP
Cupid Stunt

Cupid Stunt

Emu Fan
After you uncheck "application controlled" and specify values for filtering, do you have to reboot? In all honesty I still can't really notice the difference. I'm not new to emulation or gaming, however, I have never managed to get filtering to work in P64 using an Nvidia card?

Clements

Works for me, no need to reboot or anything. Put system performance on Quality or High quality as well. I'm using Forceware 76.44.

Dogman5

----------
I dont notice a difference either.

I dont want to put my AA and AF in my driver settings all the way up though to fix this, because then my performance in other games will suffer.

RadeonUser

Well... I talked to Jabo about this "issue" and he believes the problem is due to nvidia's profiling manager. I asked him to check the settings on his 5200 FX and he reported everything responded properly... he has profiling turned off however.

So I believe there are two options... If you want to use FSAA / AF then turn off profiling completely and leave it up to the application to decide
OR set up a profile for Project64 and do not use the control panel (for FSAA or AF) Jabo provides in his plugin.

Dogman5

----------
^I believe thats where part of the issue lies. I have my default game profile set to Application Preference, so that I can set AA/AF per game and none of the settings are working when it comes to PJ64. I can tell, because when I go to set it through the control panel to force everything at 16x I can see a noticable difference, as where when I put it on application preference, and leave it up to PJ64 to run it in 16x, you can see it is not being done.

However, this could be an issue of my own, but its not really that big of a deal for me, but just something that always kinda bothered me, since AA/AF can deffinetly enhance graphics very nicely. Otherwise PJ64 is pretty much perfect for me.

I will try to make a profile for PJ64 and put it at maxed settings though, I dont know why I didnt think of that, I just figured since its not an actual 'game' itself it wouldn't work.

Thanks for looking into the problem by the way :party:

Last edited: