What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Castlevania Retexture Project

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
Hey! Made some hi-res Castlevania textures. Haven't done many so far - only a few pretty unimportant ones.

Pack includes:
-Carrie's head ingame - (a bit creepy... delete it if you don't like it)
-Carrie's head at intro
-Carrie's pants at intro
-Necronomicon bookcover
-Health and Boss Bars
-That's it. More pending.
Currently only tested for version "Castlevania (E)(M3)" of the game.
Sorry about the abundance of pictures.

Last edited:

jdsony

Good work so far. I would back off the bevel a fair bit for the book cover though. If you look at the original it only has a slight bevel. If your using the Photoshop bevel I would leave it at the default of 5 for that.

Kerber2k

Not alot of castlevania fans accept the 64 game, but I thought it was pretty bad ass. I always thought re-texturing it would be a good idea. GJ!

Glenbo

Banned
it was the most stupidly hard game ever made lol...but it was amazing at the time...i remmember forking out my 45 quid on that game and getting chased by those damn exploding skeletons every 5 minutes lol

Kerber2k

Not to mention all those people who wasted their money on the "Castlevania 64" when shortly after a expansion dubbed Legacy of Darkness would come out with more content. LoD was waaaaaay better.

Kolano

Pretty good on the cover, can't really see the other differences in your screen shots.

Improvements for the cover would be...
-Keeping it symetrical
-Tail feathers
-Eyes

OP
Googol

Googol

Developed a "Quick Fix" for the cover... is it an improvement?

Kolano

:) Much better.

One other note would be that the corner bits of the cover have a bit more detail in the original. More like spiders, or scorpions than the squid like bits in yours.

Sorry to be so picky. Wonderful work thus far!

Kerber2k

I would even add more tarnish or scoring on the metal parts. The book texture itself is probably good to go.

Kolano

Oh, one other thing. Notice the slight cross present in the center of the original.

Er, slight isn't the right word. Barely visible.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Googol

Googol

If you look VERY CLOSELY at the new hires texture, you can see the cross. Might make it a bit more visible, though.
EDIT: Added nicks, scratches and corrosion to corner thingy. Better?

Last edited:

Kolano

Hrm. Not much. Look closely at the original. There is a tail and at least two legs in the corner parts. As I was saying, they seem to be scorpions or spiders, not squid / jellyfish.

Also the center section needs to be less black / more transparent to the book color. I can see your cross in the new image, but only if I bring it into a image editor and play with the brightness/contrast.

Thanks for your continueing effort.

OP
Googol

Googol

WIP Report: A few more insignificant textures done.
-the rocks in the first level (does not tile correctly, so not shown, will be fixed)
-the emblem thingy at the gate before that giant skeleton boss thing (only thing shown)
-slight improvements on existing textures
-logo (not tiled correctly, no alpha... so not shown)
Emblem thingy is shown. It is not symmetrical, and really bad bevel effects, but it'll do. Feedback is appreciated.
Also, to test out the spider corner details, I made these really crappy 'spider' theme edges to see if this is the sort of stuff you'd like to see more of in much better form.

Last edited:

mongo51983

Zelda Maniac!!!
This is starting to look really amazing, I would like to see some textures done to make the main character resemble the classic Simon Belmont character or maybe Alucard from Symphony of The Night.

KMan

The Wu Tang Master
Seriously, there no were stations in this wire for over one year. Nothing continues here.

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
keep up the great work. castlevania 64 was one of the most underrated games of all time. its still one of my all time favorite games.

Jale

N00bis Hi-Res Texture Maker
Awww... I'm going to revive this project after my Super Mario project since Castlevania is my favorite game. :)