What's new

Project 64 1.6 can't handle cheats!

the1game

Hey everyone, I'm new here.

Anyway, I've been using Project 64 1.6, and it works perfectly until I utilize absolutely ANY of the built-in Gameshark codes for any roms.

No Mercy is the worst for this. Input absolutely any of the game's GS codes and the emulator will crash within a couple minutes every single time.

Can nothing be done about this?

My computer's brand new, so that can't be a problem. Plus, Project 64 1.5 never had this problem (but I can't keep using it, cause it gave me that "Can't allocate memory" glitch).

Any help? This really sucks about 1.6 cause it's such a fantastic job otherwise.

OP
T

the1game

I'm using the default Jabos Direct 3D8 1.6 plugin...

My specs:

Intel celeron 2.66 Ghz

256 MB SDRAM

Indeo Video 5.0

It can't be my computer.

The thing is, now 1.6 is crashing on me even without any GS codes used.

I was playing WWF Wrestlemania 2000 and it crashed within a minute. :(

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
the1game said:
Hey everyone, I'm new here.

Anyway, I've been using Project 64 1.6, and it works perfectly until I utilize absolutely ANY of the built-in Gameshark codes for any roms.

No Mercy is the worst for this. Input absolutely any of the game's GS codes and the emulator will crash within a couple minutes every single time.

Can nothing be done about this?

My computer's brand new, so that can't be a problem. Plus, Project 64 1.5 never had this problem (but I can't keep using it, cause it gave me that "Can't allocate memory" glitch).

Any help? This really sucks about 1.6 cause it's such a fantastic job otherwise.

What do you mean by crash? Does Windows then intervene with the message saying that Project64 has encountered a problem and needs to close if you're using Windows XP **or** if you have any of the operating systems listed below:

Windows 2000:

The message saying that Project64.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows and that an error log will be created.

Windows ME:

The message saying that Project64.exe caused an error in module X

(X is the given name of a program that was affected)

Windows 98 and Windows 95:

Project64

This program has performed an illegal operation and
will be shut down.

If the problem persists, please
contact the program vendor.

---------------------------------------------------

If you get any of the above error messages, then try to use less cheats at a time for the time being. It the problem still occurs, reinstall Project64 and delete the folder that Project64 was installed before reinstalling Project64.

It's possible that the core got broken in Project64 1.6.

(OMG! that reminds me of the bug chaos that did occur 3 releases ago.)
(That sure was a surprise for me. When I expected Project64 1.3 to be )better when Zilmar and Jabo got the ball rolling with version 1.2. )
(Those were the days.)

OP
T

the1game

This is the error I constantly get:

"While processing graphics, an exception error occured."

Then the emulation ends (that's what I meant by "crashes").

It does it with every game, and it's just plain frustrating.

Now it does it without even me using any GS codes.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
the1game said:
This is the error I constantly get:

"While processing graphics, an exception error occured."

Then the emulation ends (that's what I meant by "crashes").

It does it with every game, and it's just plain frustrating.

Now it does it without even me using any GS codes.

Which GFX plugin are you using?

Trotterwatch

Look for any error log in the logs folder of PJ64, D3D8 error.log I think is the name, if you have it, .zip it up and attach it.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
right so im gussing we can rename this thread and get it out of this section yes ? :)