What's new

Question about Yaz0 decompression...

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
My main question - are multiple files compressed within a single szs/rel file? I wrote up a decompressor for practice, and it's doing something right, but obviouselly not everything - for it's spitting out wrong data. I'll attach the source. Help appreciated. :bunny:

btw... Can't just copy thakis', that'd be cheating :icecream:

thakis

I'm looking forward to what you are writing :) szs files contain multiple files (as do .arc files), but rel files are quite uninteresting (they are exectuable files).

OP
ShizZy

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
thakis, your rarcdumper seems to crash when ever I try to use it. (dragging a rarc file ontop of the icon). the rarc was decompressed from a wind waker rel file, (with my decompressor), but I compared the bytes and it exports exactly the same as yours.

OP
ShizZy

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
Now I'm having RARC problems...

Okay, I followed the directions, and did it via the dos prompt. Same deal. Is it something to do with the REL files? Do I have to do some mods to get it to work with them as well? Have you tried it with Wind Waker?

thakis

As mentioned above: .rel files are yaz0-compressed ".exe" files. They cannot be read by rarcdump. deyaz0 a szs file (mario) or take a look at the .arc files that are shipwith zelda: if they start with "Yaz0", decompress them and give the uncompressed file to rarcdump, if they start with "RARC", you can give them to rarcdump immediately.

OP
ShizZy

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
Hehehe.... don't revive old posts =]

Just be patient, trust me, it'll be worth the wait. (Just as long as or9 doesn't beat us with Dolwin 0.11, he might blow us out of the water).