What's new

Conker Shadows (1.6)

Cupid Stunt

Emu Fan
I noticed that shadows are now supported in Conkers Bad Fur Day - great!

However, Conkers shadow is really blocky and seems to flicker. Also there are glitches when walking/running next to a fence or wall etc.

Has anyone discovered a setting/configuration that will resolve these slight issues?

Thanks

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
There are no settings that will effect the shadows... Jabo is the only one who worked out how to do it so you're going to have to accept it as it is. Besides thats probably how it is in the real n64, Jabo does tend to very accurately emulate graphics.

JinXD

IIRC it was Orkin who figured out the specific lighting CBFD uses, though Jabo was the first to implement it. Wait a sec, think that was Zelda MM......

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Orkin worked out some Zelda lighting, but Jabo had apparently done it over a year earlier as Gent showed pics of it. Either way, Orkin and Jabo rock as far as working out how things work, they both even figured out 2D Lighting in Paper Mario, their skills seem pretty much equal...

RadeonUser

The shadow wasnt really a high priority in Jabo's list. He got it 'working' and kept it like that... From what I recall he said it would've taken too long to get rid of the slight artifacting it has.

So... no setting will affect the shadow.

And... yea ;) Jabo had a bunch of neat stuff working long ago.

Archnemon

N64 cant draw high resolution dynamic shadows...probably in original game the shadow look blocky too...

Furthermore, i think that is so dificult to emulate this effects...is normal that kind of bugs. I am happy because i can see color lights in RockSolid Disco :D

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)

Nick_kidid0

Member since 2001
while we're on the subject of jabo's to do list.. it wouldn't happen to have the PD lighting? (Corona something perhaps?)