What's new

Games:Emu - Compatability

TomC

Ok, I've been playing with all the Emus now for awhile. I was hoping people could contribute here and help me out by posting which emu they use for which games.

After I tested all the Emus and got some base functionality, I then removed them all and stuck to just 3 since they seemed to run the most - PJ64, 1964, Nemu64

I then put all the Roms in the Project 64 Roms directory and went through them all. I then put all the buggy ones in the 1964 Folder and tried them all, leaving the ones that played. Finally, any that worked in Nemu I put in that Rom directory.

I read that PJ64 was the best, that is why I started there, but some of the games in my PJ64 may actually run better in other Emus. They are there simply because they work and are playable.

Here is my List:
PJ 64---
007 Golden E
1080 Snow B
Army Men - Air
Army Men Sarge's
Batman Bey
Beetle Racing (slow)
Castevania
Conkers
Destruction Derb
Diddy Kong
Duck Dogers
Donald Duck
EW Jim
Fighter Dest
Harverst Moon
Legend Zelda - both
Mace
Mario Kart
Mickeys Speed
Mischeif Makers
Nuclear Strike
Paperboy
Perfect Dark (slow)
Rampage 2
Rayman 2
Ridge Racer
Roadrash
Robotron
Rocket
Rush 2
Scooby Doo
Spiderman
Star Soldier
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros
Tom Jerry
Top Gear Ralley
Turok 1, 2, 3
Virtual Pool
Wave Race

1964 - these only worked well in this emu
Banjo Kazzoi
Battle Tanx
Duke Nukem - Zero Hour

Nemu64:
None worked that didn't work in the other two.

Here is my list of Roms I haven't attached to Emus yet. These are the ones I really need help with:
Aidyn Chronicles - worked somewhat on Nemu - PJ64 and 1964 the ground was missing.
Wayne Gretzy Hockey - Ugly - Graphics is all over the place.
Banjo Tooie - won't run
Body Harvest - buggy
Bomberman 64 - partially runs on some emus
F1 Grand Prix - Missing graphics, like tires and stuff
Hydrothunder
Megaman - walls appear only close up, no distance vision
Indiana Jones
Jet Force Gemini
Killer Instinc - read that no Emu runs this one
Kirby 64 - buggy, no menus
Lego Racers
Mario Golf
Micro Machines - terrain is blotchy quite often
Paper Mario
Pilot Wings 64
Resident Evil - doesn't run on any Emu
San Fran Rush
Shadowman
Space Station Silicon
Vigilante 8
Wipeout 64
World Driver - doesnt run on any Emu
Worms Armageddon - no Emu runs

Again, all I am looking for is what Emu you run the bottom games on, and what games do you run outside of PJ64 because they work better in other Emus.

Thanks!

Tom C

Last edited:
OP
T

TomC

My system

I forgot to post my system. I haven't played with the glide wrapper emus much, like HLE, etc.

Athlon 900 Mhz
Geforce 2MX
RAID HDDs and plenty of PC133 RAM
SB Live Sound card.

TC

conkerman

conkerman
i dont know about some of those, by jet force jemini kiosk runs in pj, banjo tooie wont happen, and kirby can work, but with bad gfx. i dont remember now but i think u press left and start or something
conkerman

Whobetta

1964 is my favorite emulator which runs fast for my settings. Most of the games that work for PJ64 work in 1964 with some tweaking sometimes, and mostly it's faster. About the games that you find that don't work:

Hydro Thunder works in 1964 with Basic Audio and Jabo Direct X Plugins..

killer instinct gold: works can't choose options.

Lego Racers: says playable in the INI file

mario golf: playable near perfect

shadowman: also listed as playable

Last edited:
OP
T

TomC

Great Site

Olax, great site!

I plan on trying to use all the games you have listed as running under 1964 with that Emu.

I'd rather use it more anyhow, since they are still working on that project and PJ64 is finished.

I did notice some games didn't have which Emu they were running under or the game reviews were a bit empty. Might be nice to update those and have your pagw linked off of others.

Tom C

Olax

Bugger you are right, there are about 9 games missing the emu recommendation (only 3% in my defence). I'm uploading the changes now.

I always test with 1964 first for exactly the reason you mention, it is actively being developed, if a game on the site is recommended for PJ64/Nemu/Apollo/Daedalus there probably is a good reason for it.

As for the reviews, when I linked most of the 'A' games I asked people to let me know whether the reviews were useful or not...... I got one reply, so I kind of figured that people weren't that fussed.

I've pretty much finished testing games at the moment so I will add the reviews in the near future, a chap has to do something to make those long winter nights fly by!

Thanks for the compliments on the site, I do appreciate it!

olax

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Hi Olax, As you know i really like your site, & recommend its viewing always.

1 thing though:

On those games that are marked non playable, but you have got working with various Audio plugins,
& from non Default settings.
But you don't really tell anyone how to run them !

If you do then i apologies now.
the Screens look great, but i just don't see the details for users,
to make those changes, (Audio,CF, etc) to achieve your results.

Will you be including this kind of Detailed Information ?

Olax

And I love the work you do to!, big hug! (LOL)

I think (or certainly I meant to) that if I am using any special settings I mention them, (site is a bit pointless otherwise!!)

I am sure that there are some games that require non standard configs that I missed the info on but these should be in the minority.

Not really had any emails telling me that people could not get a game working,Have you got any examples of a game that needs a non standard setting that I am missing?

My standard btw for audio is Azimer 0.3

(btw wheres the file you were going to send me, need to grab some more fun shots)

cheers mate

olax

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Megaman64 works well on Pj64. Just enable Force Normal Blending in dungeons. This makes it look *MUCH* better! Believ me! Just disable it when outside. It will also cause transparent walls, but that's not a big issue.

And, almost all the games that work on Nemu will work flawless on Pj and 1964.