DBL LGHT SBR GUARDIANS
Does v1.6 support the "Ucode" ?
cause ( yeah again ) i want to play S-W battle for naboo

OP
furio

furio

DBL LGHT SBR GUARDIANS
Trotterwatch said:
is someone will make it compatible in a near futur ?
& is it doable ? i'm asking cause i'm no emulate expert & i will stop asking each time there is a new version released .

RadeonUser

It probably can be done yes... but the work would probably involve a few solid weeks of reverse engineering and some guess work. Add the fact that there are only a few number of games (if any others at all) that use this ucode and it becomes harder to justify spending that much time on it.

So unless we have a dev that's a hardcore starwars fanatic it *probably* wont happen anytime soon. That is if it hasnt been done already... I havent kept up with other plugins so keep us informed if the situation changes.

olivieryuyu

RadeonUser said:
It probably can be done yes... but the work would probably involve a few solid weeks of reverse engineering and some guess work. Add the fact that there are only a few number of games (if any others at all) that use this ucode and it becomes harder to justify spending that much time on it.

So unless we have a dev that's a hardcore starwars fanatic it *probably* wont happen anytime soon. That is if it hasnt been done already... I havent kept up with other plugins so keep us informed if the situation changes.

Lemmy did the reverse engineering and never release the source :(

what a pity !!!

OP
furio

furio

DBL LGHT SBR GUARDIANS
RadeonUser said:

Thanks RadeonUser, as always your anwsers are helpful & with enlightenment.

I'm "a hardcore starwars fanatic" but, i don't know how to do this ... is there a webpage to learn(tutorial) on how to do this ?

Also why is it emulate with Ucode ? is there no other option beside the Ucode when a game is emulated cause maybe is less harder to re-emulate this game then to do the "reverse engineering and some guess work" .

Again Thanks for your patience with a newbie