What's new

Screenshot mode error message???

RobxMcCarthy

Sorry but I am a total newbie with Nemu64, just got it today and was curious about the screenshot mode I tried with the old and new compile methods and in every single game got this error when starting the rom. Anyone know how to solve this???

OP
R

RobxMcCarthy

???

10 people have read this, and yet nobody has any clue what this error is? ???
I must say I am disapointed :) and you call yourself EmuGroupies. :cry: Sheesh, ;) .

conkerman

conkerman
i think i got that once when i was in nemu and i exited or it crashed or something and it didnt totally remove itself(the great windows thought it was still running). so i restarted and it went away i think. otherwise, restart, check installed driveds, check directx
and i just reread your thing again, what screenshot mode? i've used nemu for a while and havent seen a screenshot mode, maybe just wasnt lookin or something
conkerman

OP
R

RobxMcCarthy

hrmm, well I've tried resetting and i've never seen this error anywhere else before so it must be somewthing with nemu. I tried tweaking direct X and my video settings, no dice.

<never seen screenshot mode before

If you go into the graphics plugin settings it is the third one down.
1 hardware
2 software
3 screenshot mode
4 no graphics (music)

Tesla-Guy

Re: ???

RobxMcCarthy said:
10 people have read this, and yet nobody has any clue what this error is? ???
I must say I am disapointed :) and you call yourself EmuGroupies. :cry: Sheesh, ;) .
Haha, that was because i weren't online :cool: Screenshot mode is a SLOW mode, showing how the game would appear if you had the most compatible gfx card with nemu... you get 10fps on a good system... that's why it's called "Screenshot" mode... Only for screenshots ;) The reason why it doesn't run though... i can't explain it... what's your Graphics Card?

OP
R

RobxMcCarthy

Specs are
Athlon T-bird 1.7 ghz overclocked to 2.5 with peltier cooling system.
512 mb SDRam overclocked to 175 with ind cool strips.
Geforce 2 TI 500 Insanely overclocked to 400 mhz GPU and 600 mhz DDRam (64mb) (Quite quicker than any GF4 on the market I might add :)) fitted with tweaked peltier mini series proc coolers. and a 40gb 10,000 rpm HD, if I could overclock it and put a peltier on it I would :). oh and 2, 400 powersupplies self coupled into one splitter. Ran out with all the coolers, lol.
Yes I do realize if they broke it would quite possibly melt down half my city :) but they are monitored very closely with a core temp thermometer and it auto shuts down if it goes over 100 F.

So naturally I'm a graphics nut. and I really want to see the best it can offer. I can run perfect dark 64 on pj64 @180 fps @ 4xfsaa @ 16tap antistrophy @ 1280 by 1024, soooo... I think my comp can handle it :) atleast I hope so.

oh yeah the GeForce has been tweaked up a little using GTU, but mainly only basics such as AGP fastwrites with straps, 256 bursts, forced 4xfsaa, dynamic fsaa, z buffer compressions, w axis simulation, force 32(bit)RGP pixel formats, s3tcDXT/Quality, forced multi texturing can't remember any others but I'm at work now eep so got to go. Think you can help me out? I have no clue what this error is.

OP
R

RobxMcCarthy

Screenshot mode is a SLOW mode, showing how the game would appear if you had the most compatible gfx card with nemu

I realized what it is :) I'm not a total newbie, I read around first lol.

OP
R

RobxMcCarthy

it must have something to do with a d3d setting as seen in the error but I can't for the life of me figure out what lp is.

OP
R

RobxMcCarthy

Hrmmmm

Nobody knows the answer to this??? Come on guys, don't the Developers ever post here? they must know.

OP
R

RobxMcCarthy

They would prolly know the compatablility of their Emulator with its designed plugin right? I would damn well hope so.

CLSugarman

RobxMcCarthy said:
Specs are
Athlon T-bird 1.7 ghz overclocked to 2.5 with peltier cooling system.
512 mb SDRam overclocked to 175 with ind cool strips.
Geforce 2 TI 500 Insanely overclocked to 400 mhz GPU and 600 mhz DDRam (64mb) (Quite quicker than any GF4 on the market I might add :)) fitted with tweaked peltier mini series proc coolers. and a 40gb 10,000 rpm HD, if I could overclock it and put a peltier on it I would :). oh and 2, 400 powersupplies self coupled into one splitter. Ran out with all the coolers, lol.
Yes I do realize if they broke it would quite possibly melt down half my city :) but they are monitored very closely with a core temp thermometer and it auto shuts down if it goes over 100 F.

So naturally I'm a graphics nut. and I really want to see the best it can offer. I can run perfect dark 64 on pj64 @180 fps @ 4xfsaa @ 16tap antistrophy @ 1280 by 1024, soooo... I think my comp can handle it :) atleast I hope so.

oh yeah the GeForce has been tweaked up a little using GTU, but mainly only basics such as AGP fastwrites with straps, 256 bursts, forced 4xfsaa, dynamic fsaa, z buffer compressions, w axis simulation, force 32(bit)RGP pixel formats, s3tcDXT/Quality, forced multi texturing can't remember any others but I'm at work now eep so got to go. Think you can help me out? I have no clue what this error is.

Ok, i really don't believe you. LIAR LIAR LIAR, had to get it out.

first of all, there is not Athlon Thunderbird 1.7. AMD stopped making T-Birds after 1.4. The faster Thunderbird is the 1.4 (which is what i have) second, there is no such thing as a GeForce 2 TI 500. The GeForce2 TI's don't have numbers. explain that. :p