What's new

zelda v shenmue

Glenbo

Banned
i know its a n64 game lol(zelda)

but what do you reckon...

these are my two most compelling and rewarding games i have ever played..and nothing comes close to these two..in the fun ranks games like soul calibur..diddy kong racing..goldeneye...pro evolution soccer 4 are great games for me..but for game time..great storys and greatest sense of achievement through playing shenmue and zelda really stand out...morrowind is the only pc game near these..and it sucks compared to either...

so what do you reckon?

ZELDA V SHENMUE

which is better?

i would say best game of all time,but im sure many wouldnt agree with me..but many who sat through the story of both games probaly would...but all i can say is thank god for emulation..letting us relive these memorys..consoles lifespans are on average 5 years..with the exeption of ps2's which can last 5 minutes if tapped or knocked in the wrong way...as i found out with two of my three playstation 2's i have owened lol..my n64 died last year...my dreamcast is slowly fading..my gameboy just bleeps lol..my old snes and nes are still ticking lol..my megadrive(genesis) died in 1998 lol...anyway back to topic...

which is better!?

OP
Glenbo

Glenbo

Banned
my saturn syill works to btw...just lol...

i vote shenmue...just zelda was the better game...but shenmue was more addictive and more life like..just annoying in the control methods.

rcgamer

the old guy
For me it has to be shemue. Its the best game ive played since phantasy star (on sega master system) . Zelda comes nowhere close in my opinion (regardless of the one you are tlaking about).

Stezo2k

S-2K
Shenmue, It brings that extra level of realism in graphics, gameplay and story

I also prefer the gameplay, I havent really liked zelda since the n64 days, i prefer the Snes one... but still I do prefer shenmue, both great games

deathace

I vote SHenmue as well. The whole experience was amazing. I played this game 5 hours straight the first time I turned it on. Btw, I think vampires masrquared bloodlines is kind of like this, except there's first person shooter action in it and the whole experience is a lot less compelling.

life_247

Im a huge shenmue fan so ill vote Shenmue. in 2001 i couldn't get over the graphics and the experience of the first game. Unstoppable.

I really hope Yu makes a 3rd one on the next X-box and blows us all away - again.

OP
Glenbo

Glenbo

Banned
shenmue still makes san andreas on ps2 look polygonny and bad...i was talking about zelda ocarina of time btw...but i just started playing shenmue 2...had it for ages but never played it...and thats even better in my opinion lol...now if only i could fugure out chankast...lol...and how to make cds ive already downloaded and burnt back to self booting iso's...ill be happy...the ol dreamcast is strting to die lol

rcgamer

the old guy
Actually a new game just came out for the DC last month and it seems to be doing quite well since the author made an sos on his webpage and it has garnered quite a bit of attention. The game is called trizeal and it is a shump (shooter). My hope is that this game will hopefully lead other small professional game groups to follow suit.

OP
Glenbo

Glenbo

Banned
when i say the dreamcast is starting to die...i mean litrally...lol...its making bad noises and crshes if the thing doesent reset itself every 10 minutes.

desertboy

Xbox N64 Emulation Fanatic
Shenmue was a work of art, a beautiful animated book almost and I loved every second of it and I will avenge my fathers death if Sega every get round to making the rest of the chapters but Zelda was a beauty as well and so much more free. It would be so hard for me to pick between OOT and shenmue I've not played any other zelda games but I shall be keeping an eye ot for a ds zelda game.

Both games have their charms but Zelda probably pips shenmue for longevity although I spent ages just looking at that tree in shenmue.

jessman(reborn)

EmuTalk's Own L'istigatore
Uh...how is it even possible to compare such different games? Anyways, Shemue was INDEED a work of art. I just wish that I could play Shenmue 2...ARG!!!!

Miretank

Lurking
HHuu... Zelda against Shenmue...
I have played (and finished) Zelda OoT and MM. I did the same with Shenmue I and II. I'm a big Zelda fan, but I need to be honest to say that Shenmue is an addictive universe, has good controls and good story (even I think Zelda has better story) and incredible graphics. The only bad for Shenmue II is the end of the game... a weird end...
BTW, is Sega planning to continue the game?