What's new

Project 64 1.4, 1.5 & 1.6 keep restarting computer

kod

i downloaded project 64 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6.
1.5 worked for a while, then when i tried to play it again after a day, my computer restarted. i then tried 1.4 and 1.6. they both restart my comp too.
1.3 works, but when i play conker's bad fur day, there's no sound. PLEASE HELP ME??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :bye3:

OP
K

kod

os: windows xp home cpu: pentium 4 3.3 ghz graphics: sis315 32 mb speed: 256mb ram

riles9262

My dissident is here...
Yes, try different sis drivers, but even better, see if you can get some form of graphics card in your pc and see if it's stable.

ProfNuke

maybe you got an Creative Labs Sound Card...because I had the same problem and it helped to reinstall the creative labs drivers...
Check it by clickin on Creative Diagnostics

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Rebooting tends to be caused by over-heating, I know for a fact a system with a processor such as yours will get very hot after a short while. Does it happen in other games?

If this is the case i'd suggest upgrading the cooling on your system... Also while i'm at it, your processor is worthless with that video hardware and such little ram. might be fine in applications but for gaming an athlon xp 2400+ could defeat it if it had my video card.

Last edited:

revl8er

That Damn Good
Like Scott said it's probably overheating. Is it just restarting or are you getting the blue screen of death. It might be bad drivers as the other people suggested so you might wanna try different drivers. Also with a processor like that you might wanna upgrade your gfx.

Milkrosoft

I am having a similar problem. In my case my computer restarts as soon as I even load a rom. I updated my graphics drivers several times. Initially it worked but if I wanted to go back and play a few hours later the problem would reoccur. I don't know how to fix the problem that shows up on the blue screen of death. I have gotten a few different messages on it from different times I tried to play a game. Some are "DRIVER_CORRUPTED_MMPOOL", "BAD_POOL_CALLER" and "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

revl8er

That Damn Good
It's a drive error, are you using official drivers for your gfx card. Also check your sound drivers to see if that helps.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
It could also be a memory issue. I just last week was seeing all of those same errors when doing anything remotely RAM or Video intensive. The system would just shut itself off and restart. You may want to check your RAM.

Milkrosoft

Mystic Gohan said:
It's a drive error, are you using official drivers for your gfx card. Also check your sound drivers to see if that helps.
I reinstalled my audio drivers and graphics drivers off the disks that came with them. That didn't seem to change anything.

Hexidecimal said:
It could also be a memory issue. I just last week was seeing all of those same errors when doing anything remotely RAM or Video intensive. The system would just shut itself off and restart. You may want to check your RAM.
That might be it. PowerDVD won't play DVDs anymore. I'm not really computer-smart so I don't know what you mean by "check your RAM".

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
You can run some kind of system test program, such as Prime95 to see if under heavy load the system shuts down. That's the best way I can think to check it. If your RAM is infact bad, then the only choice is to replace it.

q_armando

Also another trick would be to change the settings options by unchecking " on loading a rom go to full screen " this would start a game in a window which could be easyer on your hardware.

By the way guys I am trying to display my system specs( which I provided when I registered) at the end of my message but I am looking anywhere and I cannot find the option to enable it. How do I do it , please ?

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
^^ I'm not really sure. It seems to just do it with some, but not with others... try checking under "Additional Information" to see whether it's all filled in, also try adding a signature to your profile. Also, it could be that whenever you post, the "show your signature" box isn't ticked, see if that's the problem.

q_armando

Well thanks,my additional information are all correclty filled, I still don't understand why can't I automatically show my systems spec along with my signature....I guess I will just leave it like that, but it's quite odd, this is not the only forum a visit, and I should know better...