What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

I need help setting this up to run on my pc.

Tairo

Hey guys, i found this forum through another forum.

I have checked out some of these textures and damn they make the games look totally diferent.

Anyways, im having problems getting this running on my pc. Atm, all i am trying to do is actually be able to load up a rom with the the rice plugin.

When i try to load up a game using rice's plugin V6.1.0 and try run it under OpenGL, pj64 sais it has loaded up the rom but then it just sits there with a black screen and its frozen up. The only way i can close it is in task manager.

When i try to run it under directx, it begins to load and then i get a pop up saying "cannot initialize DX8, check your direct settings" and then when i click OK, it sais "Not enough video memory. The program will now exit" when i click ok on that one, it sais "error to start video" after that, i just get another stupid error.

When i try it with the 6.1.1 drivers, i get the same resaults :(

My pc specs are:

xp2400+
512mb ddr
9600XT ( with V04.11 drivers)

I had a look in the settings but dont know how to set it up.

Oh yeah, i have directx 9.0c installed.

Amon_Knives

Film Student
Hmmm, let's see if I can help. I'll start with a basic test for you. Go to Rice's plugin configuration and under OpenGL, try to see if it says "To Fit Your Video Card". Post back if it already says it or not, then I'll try to figure something else out.

OP
T

Tairo

yep.

"To Fit Your Video Card" is selected for both dx and OpenGL.

EDIT: Hey never mind, i just downloaded the latest pj64 and its working now. 1.5 would have worked fine but it wasnt a propper install just a copy and paste from like 7 formats ago lol.

I just got to figure out why im getting some flashing now :canadian:

Last edited: