What's new

Serious GoldenEye Emulation Discussion

GE Master

Okay, I'm new here. I have a limited knowledge of emulation but I have many of the emu's which I have used.

GoldenEye to me is the greatest game ever made. It is still being played by many still after 5 years. The replay value is in mutiplayer imo. Saying that, my experience with GoldenEye emulation is that it's not playable at this point. I mean two players going head-to-head. For GoldenEye emulation to make sense for serious players like me, it has to be playable.

My question is, why wouldn't there be serious effort by emu developers for specifically this game. Afterall, this game would be worth the price of admission for thousands of GoldenEye players who know nothing about emulation.

Will this game become as playable as the console? Or, could it be tweaked specifically so that it is emulated near perfect. I understand that computers are always advancing so it only makes sense that emu's will advance making more playable games.

I post this here becuase I'm interested in the thoughts of PJ64 developers. How well does GoldenEye run on your system and what do I need to get that absolutely greatest performance. I'm willing to get the computer to make this possible.

As a GoldenEye player, I realize some emu's are online capable. The thought of online GoldenEye would literally blow the minds of many. How many? More players than you could ever hope for. Really, isn't the hope of creating an emulator so that others will play it? Whether or not online GoldenEye could ever be a possibility I'm all ears. Let me know anything on that.

With the ability of using 1000+ GameShark codes, the entire look of GoldenEye multiplayer can be custom made. A pro version of multiplayer could then be created with the GameShark codes.

Emulation is the answer for GoldenEye die hards such as myself.

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
Not everyone likes Goldeneye as much as you, and off all the people that do I bet very few could code a great emulator, and of the few that can, most probly don't want to so........

As for online play, I'm pretty sure you'd only have 4 players max. After all the ROM isn't whats being changed.

I often wondered why there isn't an emulator devoted to running one game alone and perfectly, well there may be some out there somewhere, but I just don't see it happen.

Personaly I'd really really love to see Extreme G-2 working, but that probly isn't gonna happen anytime soon.

If you have a fast enough computer GE should run fine, but no online support with PJ64, sorry

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
1964 is capable of playing GE with 4 player over the original game's speed. 1964 also supports kaillera. Any more questions?!?

JugadorJ3

ssswwwwweeeeeeeeettt

that'd be sweet. all of it. every single bit. online 64 games i've never taken part in.. but i'd just LOVE to verse someone other than my gay brother at GE! go for it! (someone other that me;))

btw. i am the best solo GE player at these boards and there's nothing anyone can do about it!:D

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Wow...you´re the first one I want to frag, as soon as I got a better pc running Goldeneye well....you´ll find your master, you´ll see :D
But is this "kaillera" really good?...I haven´t tried it yet...

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
@ JugadorJ3: Bufff...:cry: ...your Goldeneye times are pretty fu**in´ sweeeet :cry: ...respect...
But you´ll surely fail miserably, playing "License to kill" against me :D ...Jon Wayne is a bloody rookie against me :D :p

Chow Yun Fat

Perfect Dark

I just want Perfect Dark to run perfectly in MP, and online. PJ64 would be my choice if it had kailera, do to the fact I can use the Mouse like a PC shooter. PD, imo, Is the best Console FPS ever made. I have Halo, and I still Like PD better for the MP, if only it were for my X Box, with all those graphics. Maybe when I get the Game Cube version ( yes I own all consoles that are current) It'll be as good as the original, if not better.

OP
GE Master

GE Master

Well, so what's the scoop then? Does anyone have a GoldenEye experience on an emu that is close to the real deal? This is what I'm wondering. Have things improved since the last time I tried it?

Yes, I am the GE Master. Playing online would only prove that I am indeed the best in the world.

muff_699

Hay "gE master" JugadorJ3

I question you agent dam time, i would like to see proof. How did you go so fast when you have to wait for thoes gates to open and close. I call your Bluff!!!:D and for thoes who dont understan i say good day to you!

Smiff

Emutalk Member
GE Master said:
Well, so what's the scoop then? Does anyone have a GoldenEye experience on an emu that is close to the real deal? This is what I'm wondering. Have things improved since the last time I tried it?

Yes, I am the GE Master. Playing online would only prove that I am indeed the best in the world.

laugh my f**ing arse off