What's new

Wipeout64 controls hang

DevilMayCry

Wipeout64 hangs on this screen, by hang I mean the games runs normally but the controller doesn't work, so I can't move in the menu, go back to the previous menu or anything.

Using Project64 1.6 with Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6 + Azimer's Audio 0.40 Beta 2 + N-Rage's Direct-Input8 V2 1.83

I've trying to mess with the ROM settings but with no results... any help?

Last edited:

Spacy

I have a problem with Wipeout (U) too. In 2-player-mode, sometimes the controls are locked for some seconds, so if i pressed left, then the glider turns and turn and I can't do anything against that. In 1964 it's worse than in Project64. I'm using pj64 1.6 with the default plugins and only gamepads.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Spacy said:
I have a problem with Wipeout (U) too. In 2-player-mode, sometimes the controls are locked for some seconds, so if i pressed left, then the glider turns and turn and I can't do anything against that. In 1964 it's worse than in Project64. I'm using pj64 1.6 with the default plugins and only gamepads.

But can you load a challenge save on the (U) ?

Gent

Administrator
DevilMayCry said:
Project64 tells me it is Wipeout64 (U)
CRC32: 4888D0FE - Wipeout 64.z64

CRC32 ? whats the CRC1 and CRC2?

CRC1: 132D2732
CRC2: C70E9118

???

OP
D

DevilMayCry

You could just use the normal CRC... anyway:
CRC1: 0x132D2732
CRC2: 0xC70D9118

So yes it's the same.

Gent

Administrator
DevilMayCry said:
You could just use the normal CRC... anyway:
CRC1: 0x132D2732
CRC2: 0xC70D9118

So yes it's the same.

Hrm Both TrotterW and Myself have been playing this and do not have this problem ourself on the (U)

We do However get a Freezing when coming 3rd - 1st on the finishing line on the (E)

Gent

Administrator
Ok Ive just compleated All the Challange Races, even the Gold Challenge.
I then went to Options Load/Save Options and Saved, closed the emu and loaded via load\save options and raced again from this save and alls good im afraid to say.

Please dl the mpk save i made and try it for yourself. Just extract into your save folder

KevLee84

Banned
Seem to have what might be this same problem with P2 in Diddy Kong Racing(P1 works fine) though in my case only the Control Stick(and maybe the Analog Pad) don't work.

OP
D

DevilMayCry

I've tested in 1964 (and Project64 too) and the same thing happens, I've done it like this:

- Start with no saves
- Go to Time Trial Challenge, and finish the first challenge with bronze or silver award (I can't finish it with gold :-( ), and go back to the menu
- If you select the 1st challenge again it hangs the controls

But if you complete the 1st challenge and don't select it again you can continue the game, so I suspect that somehow that spining symbol makes the game hang, since as long as you don't select any challenge you've completed the game doesn't hang

HShadow

Playstation 1 basher
I have no problems what so ever with this emulator/game and controls.

Im using an XBox Pad with full analoge/D-Pad control and USB adapter and XBCD driver.

Gent

Administrator
HShadow said:
I have no problems what so ever with this emulator/game and controls.

Im using an XBox Pad with full analoge/D-Pad control and USB adapter and XBCD driver.

Thanks HShadow, Ive also tried with a Logitech Wingman Rumble and a PS2 - PC Adaptor using a PS2 Pad and played, saved and loaded a save without trouble.

jamesyfx

It's a plugin issue I am sure.

My controls died after I started using that N-Rage one for JFG. So I just changed all the plugins and it worked.

Try mix and matching, I guess.

OP
D

DevilMayCry

I've tested and tested more and so on, I'm sure it's either a core bug in both 1964 and Project64 or a issue with my hardware...

Anyway, I've found no solution whatsoever.

OP
D

DevilMayCry

I've checked Gent mempak and you are mistaken, the game hangs on Time Trial Challenge not on Race Challenge.
I'm posting both the mempak and the save state with a single Time Trial Challenge complete.

Finally Wipeout 64 sky looks like crap unless 'Use Direct3D transformation pipeline' is enabled on Advanced settings of Jabo's Direct3D8, yet that setting is never saved so you have to set it everytime you wanna play.