What's new

How Do I take a Save File from 1964 over to Project 64?

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
you can take that orginal save file .sra (not the the quicksaves) from the save map in 1964 and copy it to project64's save map. But the sra must have the right file name if you look at 1964 files do you see that there are lots of numbers after the real name delete the numbers and copy the file.

Burnpro

Supar ***
just open the save folder of your 1964 then copy the file .fla of the game in question and paste it on the save folder of your project64 but make sure you rename it to the same naming scheme of pj, normaly its just the name without the numbers like in1964

Rice

Emulator Developer
I cannot understand why it is hard to find, but you can do in 1964, use the menu:

File->Save State->"To PJ64 save state file ...".

Then in PJ64, you can load the saved state.

M

mike kkm

rice that way doesn't work for me. the game loads and freezes. zelda v1.2

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Then this is your only option: in 1964 load the game, load the save state, in-game enter the subscreen and hit save. [for zelda only]

Go into your 1964 folder and then to the save folder

Take a file named something like this: THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-EC7011B77616D72B.sra

Copy it over to Project64's save folder, rename it to THE LEGEND OF ZELDA.sra there.

Load the game in Project64.

Similarily you have to take the eep files for other games, make sure to get rid of the -LLLA89354654 looking things on sra and eep after you place them into project64's save folder. Same for fla files.

If this doesn't work then you will have no choice but to play through the game again, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't... but keep in mind 1964 0.9.9 is not Project64 1.6, they don't think alike all the time, which is why a savestate might fail.

Last edited: