What's new

Conker's won't run?

ejoeyb

I've been trying to play Conker's Bad Hair on PJ64. It says it's compatable. The notes(default plugins) reads:

External T. OK for 1 player (/subscreen -shadow)

Does this mean I need to change a setting manually for it to run?

I go to run it and it displays the "FOR MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY" SCREEN. The NINTENDO logo... but when the 3D animated Nintendo logo comes up I get an error message...

Project64 has caused an error in PROJECT64.EXE.
Project64 will now close.

I'm using all Jabo plugin's Jabo's Direct3D6 1.40 or 3d7 1.40
Jabo's DirectSound 1.40
and Jabo's DirectInput 1.40
I have 256 ram, A Matrox G400 32mg vid card and a PIII 800

Any suggestions would be cool.
This does run in 1964 but the graphics are wacky.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
No, you don't have to change anything. I have no idea why it's crashing, have you changed anything? 1964 with Jabo's plugins will probably be alright, but PJ should be aswell.

OP
E

ejoeyb

Quirk ?!

Thanks Smiff

Conkers does run in 1964 on my system.
I tried something I read about to improve the graphics using 1964 in another forum that ended up allowing me to run the game in PJ64.
In rom settings I switched the N64 4mb expansion pack to "not plugged in" and now it doesn't crash at the revolving 3D Nintendo
logo at startup.

Is it because I go betweem using the two Emus using pretty much the same plugin setup? ie, do they retain plugin settings and confuse the two systems somehow?

Thanks again.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Well, there's two parts.
1: The emulator, aka, the core.
2: The plugin, ie, graphics plugin, sound plugin, etc...

The emulator or core-settings won't affect each other. These are in Options. The plugin-settings however, are the same in all emulators which use them. Since it's the same plugin.
But generally, this shouldn't be a problem.