What's new

GameCube l33tness

mesman00

What's that...?
umm, i wouldn't say forget about ps2, its a damn sweet system, especially right now with all the sweet games coming out for it (metal gear solid II, tony hawk 3, gta3, ssx tricky, and many others). i bout mine a year ago and was a little dissapointed until over the summer, when hot games started to flow out. now, im really happy with the ps2.
the xbox on the other hand, who cares.

OP
zeus

zeus

I couldn´t help noticing that you´re from sweden, when the xbox is released it will cost you 5000 kronor...probaly a lot more if you are going to reserve a copy. The thing with the post was the movie, I wasn´t saying that the Ps2 or the X-box doesn´t have good games but if you dl the movie you will be astounded by the quality.

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
Yea, the movie looks great.
I just answered to "forget about Ps2 and X-box" and "xbox on the other hand, who cares"
And what I have heard the Xbox will cost about 4500 sek.

blizz

I played a GC ages ago in Tokyo, all of the games are pretty damm good, Super Monkey Ball rocks, SSB: Melee rocks, Resi and Eternal Darkness look damm great,

a wise person would be buying a DC right now though, cheap as chips and great games,

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
mesman00 said:
umm, i wouldn't say forget about ps2, its a damn sweet system, especially right now with all the sweet games coming out for it (metal gear solid II, tony hawk 3, gta3, ssx tricky, and many others). i bout mine a year ago and was a little dissapointed until over the summer, when hot games started to flow out. now, im really happy with the ps2.
the xbox on the other hand, who cares.

I'll just mention that all the games you mentioned (except maybe MGS, but it's still not out ofthe question) are not exclusive to PS2. I agree that they are good games, but for me GC and Xbox have more good exclusive games.

And I agree with Blizz, DC is definately the best system at the moment. The only complaint I have is getting the games. Just about all the strores near me have abandoned it :(

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Actually, no even MGS is exclusive on the PS2. In a few months, an X-box version of MGS2 comes out, called MGSX. I think that except FFX, there aren`t any exclusive games for the PS2. Well, maybe "Devil may cry" is, but I'm not sure.

And yeah, the DC is a great bargain now. Great games, low price. 50$ in christmass, ain`t it?

Macca

Oleg Zaks said:
I think that except FFX

Dammit! now i'm going to have to play one of the other 9 FF games....(note the sarcasim)

I would much rather get a gc than any others. the ps2's only good games (none comes to mind) aren't exclusive and the xbox, well thats just shite :p

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Well hell, I never liked FF anyway, I was just making a point.

Oh man, that caricature is so fucking dumb, Halo is SO much better than that. I bet it was made by some friggin Nintendo fanboy, that never actually saw the real game.

RatTrap

GODLIKE
Hmpf..

ok.. bout to burst a few bubbles here..

first off.. i'm a fan of the Resident evil games.. but the movie?.. that's what it is.. á 3d movie.. it can be shown even on the n64 if you put it into a rom.. it's not that special.. it's just well made 3d grafix.. but it dosen't show the power of the GC.. not at all.. i'm sure we won't see the true full power of the machine for a while.. imo.. it's the best REAL console i've seen in a damn long time.. it's a hell to hack.. and the whole system is more PROishly made than both the X-box and the PS2.. (i've seen the insides).. i just hope the games for the GC are better then for the n64.. originality is good.. and the big N have allways at least tried good at originality..

PS2.. true.. it's a sweet piece of work.. but it's got nothing original going for it.. it's got nothing that sez.. buy me coz you can't get what i offer from another machine.. i've been meaning to sell my PS2 for some time now.. coz frankly i'm bored of it.. it's got nothing really special going on..

X-Box.. come on.. this is a PC with a game OS.. based on W2k no less.. if you've looked at the fotos of ppl opening it up.. and checking out the insides.. you'll see it's built exactly like a PC.. for me this system looks very promising.. for emulation and heX0ring.. but for gaming?.. i don't know.. i have a feeling it'll lose it's grace once you're able to replace the 10GB HD for a 50-60GB one.. so you can dl games online and store em on your drive and run em on that.. and if you put in a 512 MB Ram instead of what it comes with.. maybe you'll be able to run other things.. the posibilities for that machine seem semi-endless in my mind..

and i bet alot of game manufacturers won't like this one bit.. and it'll go down.. not many real good games will be created for it in the end.. it'll probably end up getting left over games.. but like i said.. maybe the X-Box could have alot of use for us who wanna have a machine just for emulators.. maybe the first GC emulator is one that runs under the X-Box.. who knows :)..

blizz

I've played the X-Box,

Halo gets really boring really really quickly, nice touches, such as the marines voices, level design is pretty much bog standard

DOA3 = DOA2 they play the same although DOA3 looks absolutely wonderful, and the designer comes over as an arrogant cock, but hey, they can't all be Miyamoto ;)

My PS2 games...
Smackdown 3
GT3
GTA3
Time Crisis 2...

pattern? i had my dc since european launch day... ive played such joys as jet set radio, shenmue and crazy taxi... damn people missed out on the dc

Smiff

Emutalk Member
I don't normally care about these things and I dont even play video games any more (30 seconds in PJ aint gaming my friends ;)) yet I will be upset if the GCN doesnt do well. To me that would be a case of the business (MS) beating the artist (N) and videogaming in general is still a young art form, it needs original thinkers to save it from mass replicated mediocrity (does anyone know what im talking about?)

Smiff said:
I don't normally care about these things and I dont even play video games any more (30 seconds in PJ aint gaming my friends ;)) yet I will be upset if the GCN doesnt do well. To me that would be a case of the business (MS) beating the artist (N) and videogaming in general is still a young art form, it needs original thinkers to save it from mass replicated mediocrity (does anyone know what im talking about?)

yep, but i think the business (Sony) out played the artists (Sega) long ago, and the N64 was too little too late, plus the saturn was the best console ever IMHO

Raging Fuel

Oleg Zaks said:
Oh man, that caricature is so fucking dumb, Halo is SO much better than that. I bet it was made by some friggin Nintendo fanboy, that never actually saw the real game.

Actually the guys at penny arcade own all the systems and if you visited their site regularly you would know that they aren't just fan boys. How much of Halo have you played?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
I'm noticing the most wonderful irony (well, not the most wonderful, but nice none the less).... GCN supporters seem to be, on the whole, more mature than Xbox supporters.... exactly the opposite of what's "supposed" to be the case.... hmm?!

I'm really talking about a great thread on Timmy Eckel's site.

Raging Fuel

I suppose most of the people that like Nintendo are actually into gaming because of the games, and not because there is an ad for it on TV, and therefore know their shit;)