What's new

Problems with Mystical Ninja starring Goemon

bemani

when i run Mystical Ninja starring Goemon in project64 most parts it lags and becomes REALLY slow, especially the part at the title theme where it switches the camera to the green haired chick and the robot ninja.
This is happening with MOST of my roms actually and if theres any plugin and configuration settings that could fix this would be much appreciated.

my hardware
amd athlon xp 2600+ (1.91 ghz)
256 mb of DDRRAM
nvidia GeForce4 FX 5600

Clements

Use Rice's Video - its the only plugin that you will get fullspeed with in this particular game.

OP
B

bemani

ok thanks for that
just ONE more thing
in goemon the theme song seems to finish before the intro does
its like the timings off or something
anyway to fix that or just a problem in the rom that i just have to get used to

Clements

Yep, the timing is off in the intro, although Mupen64 seems to get the intro timing correct.

Mikk-DC

Nice one. I have been searching for a while for an answer to this problem and now its solved. Thanks :D Now I can play this game properly (even though the info bar at the bottom is glitched).

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
go into rices video plugin options and ensure that "alternate texture size calculation" is checked.

Also, project64 1.6 won't boot mystical ninja with the default settings, change the rom settings from 4mb to 8mb.

Last edited:

Mikk-DC

Strange, PJ64 boots it up for me without changing the rom settings. I tried it on 8mb though and it boots up more quickly. I have ticked the "alternate texture size calculation", in the Advanced and Less useful options section, on the Current Game settings tab but dont see any difference. I restarted the game and still no difference. Is this supposed to fix the info bar at the bottom?

Mikk-DC

Ahhh. Ummmm. In that case then it HAS fixed it for me too lol. I thought the background on the bar at the bottom wasnt supposed to be transparent, like it is on there lol

Thanks again :)

I've no idea what made me think it was supposed to be a wood type background??

Last edited: