What's new

Zelda 64 Moon Jump

pickledCHIPS

Help! I am using version 1.4 and I just want to moonjump in Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The only cheats I can find are for version 1.5! I just want to know the code for moonjump and how to add it to the list.

HyperHacker

Raving Lunatic
When cheats are listed for a specific version, it generally means a version of the game. Zelda, for instance, had 3 versions released. 1.0 was the original, 1.1 had some bugs fixed and 1.2 had more bugs fixed. (There's no 1.5 though. o_O) You need to find the cheats that work for the version you have. If you don't know just try one for each version and see what works.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
HyperHacker said:
When cheats are listed for a specific version, it generally means a version of the game. Zelda, for instance, had 3 versions released. 1.0 was the original, 1.1 had some bugs fixed and 1.2 had more bugs fixed. (There's no 1.5 though. o_O) You need to find the cheats that work for the version you have. If you don't know just try one for each version and see what works.
No, he's using version 1.4 of PJ64 and only found cheats for PJ64 1.5!
You should try to use them in 1.4, too, they _SHOULD_ work, if you are using the right and verified rom and if you enable the cheat after rom start...
BTW: why are you using PJ64 1.4 not 1.6? It's worth to update it, really, give it a try!

romis69

already there

"Moonjump" is already in the default cheat thing, though it's called "L for levitate" rather then "L for moonjump".

Cybertronic

I found a way to convert cheat codes from one verson of zelda to the next. You will need a hexadecimal calculator of course (type calc.exe into the run window and set it to hex)

v1.0 > v1.1

add 160 to the last 3 address digits of the v1.0 code

EX:
8011A64 0053

Becomes

8011A800 0053

v1.1 > v1.0

subtract 1C0 from the l last 3 address digits of the v1.1 code

EX:
8011A800 0053

Becomes

8011A64 0053

v1.2 > v1.1

add FFFFFB10 to the ENTIRE address digits of the v1.2 code.

EX:
8011A310 0053

Becomes

8011A800 0053

I haven't tested it with EVERY code, but every code that I have ever used with this method Always worked!!!! Hope this helps! Give all credit of this to me THX! I never posted this info on the Net till now, I came up with this back when they were still producing Zelda Carts.

I guess this means that every version change has an address ofset and a similar pattern can be found with other games. It would be wild though if the same number changes used here applied to all games with several versions, but I never tested that idea... anyone wanna see?

Assuming that this method works in every scenerio for the zelda games, could it then be possible to make a "game save convertor"? Convert a game save from one version to the next. This would be a really handy idea! For once I may have come up with a good idea!

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
You're late ;) http://www.pj64cheats.net
Save-game editor? O_O Can't say. I think you really must hack into them and take a look. They may be similar, or very different, or just minor different, but I don't know who can tell.

Cybertronic

Doomulation said:
You're late ;) http://www.pj64cheats.net
Save-game editor? O_O Can't say. I think you really must hack into them and take a look. They may be similar, or very different, or just minor different, but I don't know who can tell.

I didnt find any version changing method on that site, as far as I still know my idea is still original, unless you could kindly point it to me. It would suck to figure this out late though.... :(

as for the save editor, it should all be hex.... once I get more confidant with my coding skills I may give it a shot.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Cybertronic said:
I didnt find any version changing method on that site, as far as I still know my idea is still original, unless you could kindly point it to me. It would suck to figure this out late though.... :(

as for the save editor, it should all be hex.... once I get more confidant with my coding skills I may give it a shot.
Doom is correct it used to be on the pj64cheat site but i then placed it onto the Emu64cheats site Here but then removed it from the menu as i included a manual for the Cheat Copu that NeTo and Myself made for Converting,Offsetting,Patching and Unpatching N64 Cheat codes :) The Copu can be found on the NeToSoft Site

pickledCHIPS said:
Help! I am using version 1.4 and I just want to moonjump in Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The only cheats I can find are for version 1.5! I just want to know the code for moonjump and how to add it to the list.
BTW Activators were not supported in Project64 1.4. This is something Witten and Myself had to add to 1.5 aswell as GS/Ar Button Support in the form of F9. So even if you had a moon jump code it wouldnt not work correctly on 1.4. Link would just shoot up into the air without the ability to Use a Activator to control it.

Last edited: