What's new

Project64 Graphics Suck and I need Help!!

Bage881

Hey I urgently need help cus my Project 64 Graphics are really bad and I cant really figure out why?It not only has bad graphics in Project 64 but also when I play Flight Simulator 2004 you pratically cant see anything

When I chane the Rendering Device to RGB Emulation it plays with perfect Graphics and everything but it is extremly slow.

When I change it to Direct3D HAL thats when it goes all messss up and shows bad Graphics but it plays fast.

I have a pic and I would post an image of how it looks but I dont know how to do it.

OP
Bage881

Bage881

VideoCard:- Nvidia Geforce 2 MX/MX400- 64Mb
Memory:- 512Mb Ram
CPU:- ~1.8Ghz
DirectX 9.0c

Last edited:
OP
Bage881

Bage881

Yea I know it has a bad processor but hey its not my fault it's not like I own the computer!!
So why dont you gimme the money to buy a new computer!!

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
we dont need a pic to know ur comp is crap. get a new processor and graphics card, and hey presto there u go. Topic Closed sha la la la ha.

-Shadow-

Banned
It's really hard to get any good results with that PC. I recommend you to update your drivers and use rice's recent plugin.

Trotterwatch

Try downgrading drivers to a slightly older one. That graphics card should work fine with the default Jabos plugin.

JinXD, and DarthDazDC (the latter especially) your comments are extremely immature, grow up.

At no point did the user say PJ64 sucked, just the graphics output via his own PC which admittedly isn't top spec, but should at least render the graphics properly.

dukenukem

lord freiza
try using the detonator 30.82,that's the drivers i used for my geforce2mx 200 pci card and they worked the best for it. search guru3d.com

OP
Bage881

Bage881

Ok thanks.Everything worked fine before but then my dad formatted the drive then thats when it happened I'll try some of these ideas and see if they work.Thanks

Trotterwatch

You could try GLN64 which should work ok with a GF2 mx. You got any settings ticked in Jabos plugin by mistake? Otherwise could be DX version, motherboard drivers, damaged card.

kittenbot

I don't see why

Some of you are sayign his PC sucks

I see a 2800 barton(like 2 gig) with half a gig of ram

calling an 1.8 gig processor with half a gig of ram crap :p

in honesty with optimization and good drivers a TNT2 could run these emultarors alright, it's not cause the card is crap

that kind of distortion looks a lot like artifacting, couple of things are possible:

the card is overheating
the drivers are shite
the driver set is not fully compatible with the video plugin being used
the card is damaged and thus can't 3d render right
the card isn't seated in the AGP slot quite right
the card isn't recieving enough power

I wouldn't say it's anything to do with the PC sucking.

I'd recommend the unnoficial Nvidia omega drivers, they're alot nicer than the standard detonator ones :p and clean the sink on the GPU.