What's new

Save a game

jackfood

Do anyone know is it possible to save the game or game status so that i can resume/load the game later?

Because for "Tokyo Bus Guide", this games needs exp to unlock citys, hence i need to save the game as i am already sick of that 2 citys out of 9 citys that are available

Shinobi909

Know how to go into the bios? Just start the emu without a cd image mounted.
There you can set up a virtual memory card, and the program vmsbrowser (in the chankast directory) can show the contents of your memory cards, and a do a few other things.

I could be wrong but that's how I remember doing it.

OP
J

jackfood

Virtual memory card, how do i do that? I do not have any Dreamcast memory card.

I got 2 save games from gamefaqs.com, it is in DCI format and another is in VMI format.

When i used vmsbrowser to open them, error messages after i "import save"
DCI - Not enough block
VMI - cannot find WMS find.

Last edited:

Shinobi909

Nah dude, you don't need a real memory card. I meant "virtual" as in; not real, exists on the computer's hard drive. :)

I actually can't remember how you make a memory card, they are files called VMS.bin in the chankast directory. It's either in the file settings on the bios, or on the VMS browser.

OP
J

jackfood

Hmm. Thanks so much. I managed to figure it out by using the dreamcast bios and delete all files first in order for it to work.

However, i had one question. I downloaded Savegame from Gamefaqs.com for this game "Tokyo Bus guide" and it is in DCI format. When i import the savegame to my memory card and save.

When i load the game using the memory card, the game doesn't recgonise the save, just like there isn't any save file. Why?

Shinobi909

When i load the game using the memory card, the game doesn't recgonise the save, just like there isn't any save file. Why?

Don't know. Dodgy save file? Maybe someone who has the
game can try it out to confirm.