What's new

PJ64 runs games WAY too quickly.

Stu22

PJ64 runs games at 2x speed?

When I load up any game on PJ64, it works fine and all. I have a good framerate (always at 50), but the problem is, the game speed seems like it's running at 2x. People sound like they're talking really fast, same with the music. Here are my system specs:

Radeon 9800XT (Built by ATI), latest drivers
2.4GHz P4 (Northwood)
1GB PC800 RDRAM
Windows XP Home SP2

I've looked around all the options and found nothing on frameskip. How can I fix this?

Last edited:

Fool

Me
Oh yeah there is a way to fix it.
Open settings/options/unenable Hide Advanced Settings
Then at system menu enable: Limit FPS

OP
S

Stu22

Yeah, it was checked the whole time, but it's still running real fast. It's just not running at the speed an N64 console would have it at. If I uncheck the FPS capper, it will go at like 70-100 FPS. Any other way to make it so it will run like it supposed to? If you want, I can make a fraps video and show it.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
If you're using Jabo's audio plugin after starting a game go to the audio plugin's options and check the "sync game to audio" checkbox.
It would also be a good idea to name the games where you have this problem.

OP
S

Stu22

Every game :( It happens with Body Harvest, Starfox 64, Mischief Makers, etc. It's not the audio that's the problem. The game speed is at 2x or something and it runs too fast. Things speak really quickly and things move outrageously fast.