What's new

does dolphin acctually work for all you?

darknight909

Im trying to get dolphin to work.

Ive tried a free game cube game downloaded off line made for testing purposes
but the screen turns white and nothing happens

then i try to load one of my games (Paper Mario 2) off the mini dvd and it takes a long time and then dolphin doesnt show anything is on the dvd

i have the latest version 1.2

whats wrong?

System Specs:
AMD 64 3200+
Nforce 4 mobo
1 gig dual channel DDR400 ram
3x80gig SATA drives in RAID 0
EVGA 6600GT PCI-E
DVD +-R/RW drive
Running Windows XP Pro SP2

_Chrono_

aka Chrono Archangel
your dvd or cd drive cannot read gamecube disks. so thats just a waste of time.

whats the "free game" you are talking about? maybe its not playable in 1.02

CKemu

:whistling Also learning some manners may help DOGG.

As previously stated. GCdiscs can not be read in a standard DVDrom or CDrom drive. In order to get a game that own in a usable state for dolphin to use. You would need a BBA (Broad Band Adapter) and PSO (Phantasy Star Online) to dump the game to your HDD (Use www.google.com for further information).

With regards to this free game. What game is it, and in what format (GCM / ISO / DOL). Without that information no one here can help you ;)

I would recommend reading the rules though, as they can help you avoid silly mistakes and idiots using BIG letters to rudly make their point!

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
CKEmu, you've probably noticed that "DOGG" hasn't been able to avoid posting without a "holier than thou" attitude yet. He's just as bad over at emuforums too.

DOGG

Actually i don't post at emuforums. Maybe someone with a duplicate/similar name?

Now i admit that lately i've been throwing aggressive comments at people. But it's only because i'm sick and tired of the same shit over and over. Look at it this way. If people come here and whinge about their games not working or whatnot, without reading the rules or doing a simple search, i don't feel obligated to help them. A lot of the time their first and last post is their problem, which they wouldn't have posted had they read the rules or done a search.

Usually i go out of my way to help people. However the constant barrage of idiocy has really gotten to me. Now maybe i shouldn't comment at all, i don't know. But i did answer one of this guy's questions, rude or not.

OP
D

darknight909

I downloaded one of the Homebrew games off of http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/gamecube/

Thanks for the help guys even though it seems redundant
BTW Dogg
Now i admit that lately i've been throwing aggressive comments at people. But it's only because i'm sick and tired of the same shit over and over. Look at it this way. If people come here and whinge about their games not working or whatnot, without reading the rules or doing a simple search, i don't feel obligated to help them. A lot of the time their first and last post is their problem, which they wouldn't have posted had they read the rules or done a search.

you could have been nice about it and said hey your dvd player cant read game cube games and i would have said alright! thanks! no biggie although a lot of this stuff is repeated through out the forums u can still be nice about it, beside nice people live longer when they arent have a heart attack over a forum post to see why a emulator isnt working out for them